RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Do you or have you ever placed your dog(s) with a Pro?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone asked me to post this poll - don't get mad at me, I did not phrase the question.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Winter weather here doesn't allow for the necessary training that should occur year round.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I have never placed my dog with a pro or had a pro do an evaluation of my dog or me. But, much, if not all the information that I have gleaned knowledge from originated from pros, semi-pros or accomplished amateurs through their written word.

Joe Miano

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I had a hard time answering this poll. See, it says the poll is for amateurs. But then there are those who tell me that if I use a Pro, then I am not really an amateur. So, do I answer the poll or not?

Lisa :twisted:

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Lisa Van Loo said:
See, it says the poll is for amateurs. But then there are those who tell me that if I use a Pro, then I am not really an amateur.?

Lisa :twisted:
Only my dear if the pro has your dog for fewer than 21 days each year except during leap year when the rule of 32 applies. Unless you have sold a dog, video, whistle lanyard, or have given advice in exchange for dinner and dancing, theater tickets, tickets to sporting events, outdoor apparell, or dog food. In that case you are considered a professional amateur and you are not allowed to participate in dog events in months with odd number days or months beginning with "J" unless the full moon in those months occurs before the 15th of the month or you file your income tax by September 15th. :roll:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have 'Pro' mechanics looking at my truck and putting in new shocks right now. I'll pick it up later today and put a new O2 sensor in it this weekend. I would hardly consider myself a 'pro' mechanic just because I had a pro work on the same vehicle I did. How do they come to the conclusion that if you use a pro you're not an am????

I have trained with pros and ex-pros but have never had my dog there when I wasn't, so I said no.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
if the pro has your dog for fewer than 21 days each year except during leap year when the rule of 32 applies. Unless you have sold a dog, video, whistle lanyard, or have given advice in exchange for dinner and dancing, theater tickets, tickets to sporting events, outdoor apparell, or dog food. In that case you are considered a professional amateur and you are not allowed to participate in dog events in months with odd number days or months beginning with "J" unless the full moon in those months occurs before the 15th of the month or you file your income tax by September 15th.
I was afraid of that.

Sigh.

Lisa

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
You forgot the old sleeping with a pro. Who's going to monitor that? Wasn't there controversy about amateurs sleeping with their pros at one time?

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Yeah, but that was when all the pros were males, now that some are females no one talks about it too much.

Besides the aging of the FT population has brought about much less of "who's sleeping with whom" 8)

K

·
0 Posts
women pros sleeping with clients: A pro ho??? Sorry couldn't help it...

·
Registered
16,988 Posts
dogs

I'll even list some of them;
Bill & Don Little, Ontario
John Parker, Lufkin, Tx
Mark Smith, New Orleans
Jeff Horsley, Tuscaloosa

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Ed Aycock said:
Yeah, but that was when all the pros were males, now that some are females no one talks about it too much.

Besides the aging of the FT population has brought about much less of "who's sleeping with whom" 8)
Is this why you always see talk of getting younger people involved in this sport? :wink:

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
JusticeDog said:
Is this why you always see talk of getting younger people involved in this sport? :wink:

Well things were a lot juicier (so to speak) when the revelry lasted until the wee hours, now it's taps at 9:30PM or fall asleep watching The Weather Channel :D

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
:twisted:
From the above discussion I must ask: What type of pro services are we now discussing? :wink:

Tim

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Tim Carrion said:
:twisted:
From the above discussion I must ask: What type of pro services are we now discussing? :wink:

Tim
They were strictly amateurs, but some had the skill of professionals (so I heard) :wink:

·
Registered
351 Posts
I tried a PRO when my job required me to travel for 4 months. wasted 2k.

·
Registered
5 Posts
with/pro

Only used pro 0nce, for 2 weeks. I received a young dog that was abused/neglected. Once she was "back together", I sent her to a pro.
In two weeks, she bit him several times and lost 12% of her body weight due to not eating. Brought her home and worked her myself. She now hunts and has produced some really nice pups.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts