1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
172 Posts
Gotta love some peakes. Beautiful picture!

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
HEY

That's my dog. Go Daytona Go!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I met a gentleman in Victoria, BC with a most handsome Cheasapeake I have seen in pictures or in the flesh. His male is out of a kennel called Crossfire Retrievers which I have never heard of but I into traininng Labradors and all that goes along with the breed.
The sire of his dog was Crossfire's Genuine Citori and the damn was Westwind's Colonial Rimfire.The parents each carry tyhree astrix behind their registered names on the pedigree he gave me. His dog was named in the Farsi language, a middle eastern language of Persian origin meaning "son of a bitch" which in the middle east is akin to lowest of the low.
The owner is somewhat crusty on the outside and independent. Heavens dog like owner or is it owner like dog.
A a short while into our conversation the dog and owner became friendly and relaxed once we began sharing dog stories, hunting, dog trianing, trials, nationals, pedigrees and quality breedings.
It was a shame he did not trial or hunt test his dog, well each to his own.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Crossfire Chesapeakes is a top notch chessie breeder. The sire and dam in your post are reversed. Tori is a female but that breeding produced nice pups in both looks and ability. I am partial though cause I have a tori pup here with me now.

Russell

·
Registered
20 Posts
I met a gentleman in Victoria, BC with a most handsome Cheasapeake I have seen in pictures or in the flesh. His male is out of a kennel called Crossfire Retrievers which I have never heard of but I into traininng Labradors and all that goes along with the breed.
The sire of his dog was Crossfire's Genuine Citori and the damn was Westwind's Colonial Rimfire.The parents each carry tyhree astrix behind their registered names on the pedigree he gave me. His dog was named in the Farsi language, a middle eastern language of Persian origin meaning "son of a bitch" which in the middle east is akin to lowest of the low.
The owner is somewhat crusty on the outside and independent. Heavens dog like owner or is it owner like dog.
A a short while into our conversation the dog and owner became friendly and relaxed once we began sharing dog stories, hunting, dog trianing, trials, nationals, pedigrees and quality breedings.
I have never met a crusty gentleman, but I am the owner of the dog in question. Inde is his name, short for independent as he was the independent one of the litter. Crossfire's Padresag, LB x Tori is the reg one; sag is dog in the farsi dialect . padresag is s.o.b. I called my first chessy," dog" 37 years ago. my old neighbour who had spent 2 years in Iran(when the shaw was in power) as a doctor. he said call him "sag" which became saggie for dog. padresag was the full thing
I have never trialed or hunt tested one of them, but there has not been a day in 37 years that I have not done a thing with them. i enjoy the breed.
I do live in the art world and that takes some of my time and money to do things. I had a 911 porcshe before I had chessies and never raced it either but enjoyed driving it
I did have a fellow come into my shop a couple of years ago who was Iranian and asked him about the name padresag and and agreed bout the sob or could be classed as or as akin to the lowest of the low.
just had to straighten up the story
ron

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have never met a crusty gentleman, but I am the owner of the dog in question. Inde is his name, short for independent as he was the independent one of the litter. Crossfire's Padresag, LB x Tori is the reg one; sag is dog in the farsi dialect . padresag is s.o.b. I called my first chessy," dog" 37 years ago. my old neighbour who had spent 2 years in Iran(when the shaw was in power) as a doctor. he said call him "sag" which became saggie for dog. padresag was the full thing
I have never trialed or hunt tested one of them, but there has not been a day in 37 years that I have not done a thing with them. i enjoy the breed.
I do live in the art world and that takes some of my time and money to do things. I had a 911 porcshe before I had chessies and never raced it either but enjoyed driving it
I did have a fellow come into my shop a couple of years ago who was Iranian and asked him about the name padresag and and agreed bout the sob or could be classed as or as akin to the lowest of the low.
just had to straighten up the story
ron
Ron

That was great , i wish it would have been longer !

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey, i tried to send you a pm, but says that I do not have enough posts yet to send you a pm. give me a holler
ron

1 - 20 of 25 Posts