RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What all does your agreement cover? This question popped into my head today while browsing through puppy ads and breeder websites aimlessly. What else is there to do these days?

Edit: I realize this has been discussed before, but every time I search i only see the threads with 3 or 5 replies. Looking to get more than just a few examples.

·
Registered
438 Posts
A contract has expectations for both parties - buyer and seller.

I lay out what I expect of my buyers as far as care of the dog and what I expect should the dog every have to leave the possession of the original buyer. I am working on a section that offers me a remedy should the owner fail to live up to these provisions.

I cover the immediate health of the dog (3 days) and have a 26 month health guarantee for those items that we can test for - heart, hips, elbows, and eyes.

I also have a selection of remedies for buyer if their dog has any of these health issues. I think that the standard "return the dog and the paperwork" is not an option for most buyers and that lets the breeder off the hook.

I suspect that the wording of puppy contracts makes them not easily enforced if the buyer had to go to court. However, I use mine as a platform to go over my expectation and my health guarantee.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts