RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're fostering a litter and the mom for the local animal shelter.

The mom was darted, noose-poled and brought in to the shelter. She gave birth to 11 pups 5 days later. Now they're at my home!

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Your wife is such a kind hearted person...... I've been following the pups on FB.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Looks like she dont know who baby daddy is!!!!!!! Nice job

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I am glad you changed your mind about Pits! Way to go Chris!!!

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you have them on craigs list ?
No, they will go back to the local animal shelter for adoption when the pups are around 8 weeks.

We are merely fostering them. All adoption/placement details are addressed by the shelter. We are just providing labor, socialization, overhead, etc. for the short term.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
They are very cute! Glad that they are getting a good start at life!!:D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Good for you. I hope they all find loving homes.
My stepdaughter has a pitbull mix that is the sweetest dog you ever saw,smart as a whip too.

Bert

·
Registered
107 Posts
Chris, I love that you say you are MERELY fostering them. I whelped and cared for one litter of pups and know the work involved. You are a kind hearted and generous man to do this. Goodness attracts goodness and I am sure you will place all the pups.

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chris, I love that you say you are MERELY fostering them. I whelped and cared for one litter of pups and know the work involved. You are a kind hearted and generous man to do this. Goodness attracts goodness and I am sure you will place all the pups.
Their eyes have only been open for a few days. The "merely" probably lasts a week or so more...then the work starts! :cool:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I fostered Shar Pei puppies many years back. I set stipulations before taking them in. I worked with Shar Pei rescue to get the puppies placed instead of sending them back to the shelter. At 10 weeks I took them in to be spayed and neutered. At 12 weeks they were returned to the shelter and Shar Pei rescue picked them up. They brought them back to my house and the new owners picked them up there. Shar Pei rescue did all the screening and it was great. I felt much better meeting the people who took home the puppies I had raised.

Cindy R.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts