RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During dove season last year, I unknowingly planted my g2 Flyway special in the mud..... It was found last week as they were disking the field. Rinsed it off, charged it up and it worked.... Now I have 2 flyway specials. I'm sure I'm not the only guy to ever do that and feel really lucky today.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
wow... you should send that story into TT to use as a testimonial to the quality of their product!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice. I haven't lost my flyway transmitter like that, but I have had to fish it off the bottom of 2' & 3' water a couple of times. Never missed a beat.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now if I can ever find the half dozen pocketknives, car keys, lunch, flashlight, shotgun shells and all the other things.... I'll be in great shape. Tip from a forgetful guy... leave your pro-control launcher electronics on until you get all the way to the truck. You will thank me later.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Found my lost TT transmitter via Craigslist. Not for sale! The guy that found it was trying to return it to its owner. After all the bad news stories it reminded me just how many good people there are.

Mary

Skylark's RePete Adventure (Blitzen) MH AX AXJ OF
Skylark's Southern Expedition (Dasher)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Maybe if enough of us suggest that tritronics offer an option of flourescent orange , they will make it one day.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Lost mine once and a quail hunter found it. He knew I was the only one likely to have been training on that spot and called me on it. Saved my a few bucks on buying a new one. Wish that TT would offer a blaze orange holder for the transmitters. Got one for my Sport Basic but would like another.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I lost my g3 transmitter a few years ago while putting out decoys in the water. I was sure it was gone forever in the murky water. 3 months later on the last water hunt of the year after I had already purchased a new one my hunting buddy felt something hard under the water buried in the silt. He pulled it up and it was my transmitter. I know it was mine because it is private land and right in front of my blind where it was lost. I tried it out and it still worked after 3 months in the water with the original battery. I later opened it up and there wasn't even any corrosion. They've got a customer for life.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
lost my sport basic transmitter snow goose hunting last year, thought it was gone forever as well went back a few days later and dug around near where the decoys were and found it after a couple of hours but it still works just fine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had this happen to me as well. I went to a hardware store and purchased a roll of orange flagger tape. I tied about a 8 inch strip on it. Now when I lay it on the ground to do something its much easier to find
Larry

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
For anything that could be dropped or put down on the ground ......

Flagging tape on the transmitter, flagging tape on the heeling stick, flagging tape on the starter's pistol, flagging tape on the ..........

:)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
For anything that could be dropped or put down on the ground ......

Flagging tape on the transmitter, flagging tape on the heeling stick, flagging tape on the starter's pistol, flagging tape on the ..........

:)
any advice on how to flag-tape my mind?:confused:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Lost a Dogtra transmitter duck hunting, bought a new one. The next year hunted the same place, lost it again. Went to TT and havn't lost it yet. I'm due I guess.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Lost a Dogtra transmitter duck hunting, bought a new one. The next year hunted the same place, lost it again. Went to TT and havn't lost it yet. I'm due I guess.
Just to clarify, are you telling us you switched to TT because you kept losing your Dogtra? ;) I'm sure TT appreciates the move, but that's a pretty high standard to hold your electronics company to!

Just messin' with ya'!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TT does have a holder (orange) that I use...got it as a gift from lion country supply.

Joe
That's exactly what my flyway fell out of. I had it looped around me hanging from the strap. The elastic had worn enough that it slipped out the top when I bent over sometime. Use a few safety pins, duct tape or cable ties to keep it in place.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts