RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Vol. 1 is very basic and easy to follow. Takes you through some OB, gun intro, cc and ff. What you may like is that the dogs are unrehearsed so you will see true reactions/behavior, issues getting started and how Rick works it out. Learning to read the dogs and how to proceed is every bit as important as method so any material that helps you understand this is a benefit. Vol 2 was not produced as well. Still much to offer in training but the quality may be a distraction to some. Vol 3 I thought was the best and even if you didn't get 1 or 2 get 3. Lots of drills for land and water, swim by, etc. Not a lot of re-invented stuff just basic tune-ups, patterns and transitional stuff. Again, all 3 take you through examples using dogs who make mistakes and how to correct, simplify and work it out.

·
Registered
350 Posts
being completely new, It was very good for me. I have seen one of the other highly suggested programs. And he would mention doing this drill or that drill and I had no idea what he was talking about. Stawski shows you how to do the complete yard program. The only problem I had was , my dog is pretty sensitive. And I learned that I shouldnt have used the collar as much as he did in the videos. It was all me not knowing any better. not knocking the program at all. I think it's awesome, and My dog is doing very well as a result.

·
Registered
305 Posts
As previously stated, it shows everything good and bad during a training session. Stawski shows how to deal with the issues and, especially for someone new to training, lets you know that this kinda stuff happens to everyone not just you. Great buy and I recommend it to everyone getting a pup.
E. Kern

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.