RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't know the answer but I'd figure I would use some internetting skill to help you out to further identify the ponds that you saw. With this picture, maybe someone else can come along and give you your answer.

Thanks to Al Gore, the world is a smaller place. You are right, nice ponds! It looks like that one in the middle has an algae issue. But maybe it is part of President Obama's energy initiative. :p

·
Registered
5,025 Posts

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Fresno is still a heavy agricultural area from Delano, Visalia,and north on 99...at least that how I remember it when I had a family member living just north of Fresno in the mountains near Bass lake and Oakhurst...more than likely those ponds are for irrigation and are filled with all kinds of pesticides not to mention that water is a premium in the San Joaquin delta....the nearest ground would probably be NW of that area in Los Banos...dont know if they let you train at the Kern NWR, because it was a big wintering area for all kinds of geese

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I don't know those ponds.It's been a long time since I have been down there though.There are a number of wildlife areas around there that may allow dog training. Medota, Los Banos, Volta, Kesterson, Merced. Bon Kern is way south of there.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Thanks for the input. If I ever want career advancement it would most likely be in Fresno, DC, or the SW Chicago area. Just looking far into the future to figure which area is most conducive to retriever games HT & FT's

So you work for the IRS ? because that and Fresno State University are about the only things located there:p:p

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
DC area

Thanks for the input. If I ever want career advancement it would most likely be in Fresno, DC, or the SW Chicago area. Just looking far into the future to figure which area is most conducive to retriever games HT & FT's

Doug, The DC area is an ideal location for HT's & FT's. Centrally located so you can hit both the winter and summer stuff without too much trouble. Someone even has a great FT training ground 15 miles from the White House within the no fly zone. Within 1 to 2 hours drive of DC there are easily 2 dozen very nice private FT training grounds in addition to access to endless places train for the asking. Many many events are held near DC in VA, MD, DE & NJ in the early and late season. Many more events are reachable within several hours drive in NC, SC, GA, TN & FL for events held on either side of New Years. To the north you can hit events in PA, OH, NY, NJ, MA, VT & ME held on either side of July 4th. Unless you're chasing 20+ field trials a year you wouldn't need to drive more than 150 miles to run events from DC. Heck, if you lived in that general area you could sleep in your own bed for most trials if you wanted to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts