RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that just found out his Male Dog has Cancer and only has a few weeks to live. He is wanting to freeze his sperm for breeding later with his Female dog. Can anyone sugguest someone in Georgia that could help with this... We live in Middle Georgia but he is willing to travel, but time is limited.
Thanks for any help. :(

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Becky Malphus In Thomasville,GA. She pulled semen out of my friend's dog (who was deceased) after being hit by a car.

2134 North Pinetree Boulevard, Thomasville
(229) 226-1914

She stores and freezes right there. All the retriever people use her in Georgia.

Sorry to hear about your friend's dog.

·
Registered
883 Posts
We have always used Greene and Associates near Folsom, LA. Dr. Gary Greene usually does the collecting and our dogs seem to respond well to his "touch". Years ago Mary Howley let us have Candlewood's Cash On The Line so Dr Greene could collect him. Cash would get excited when we pulled in the drive at the clinic and refused to go in the front door, wanting instead to go directly to the area where he had been collected before. Dr. Greene stated that he had never collected a more willing client!

Sorry for your need for rapid collection, but maybe the University of GA. would be a posibility or Dr. Maxwell at Auburn University, if they are closer. Dr. Maxwell interned with Dr. Greene at Folsom.

I wish you good luck and am sorry for the need in such short order. Have had a simular experience with my dog Gator Points Dirt Road Sport (RIP). We were sucessful in our collections and got good quality semen stored. Bill Watson

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,

Not to highjack this post but I also live in Dublin, just moved from Utah. I am looking for some local folks to train with if you are interested.

I would PM but I don't have enough posts to do so.

Amy

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Becky Malphus X2

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts