RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright,

Got into training my dog and now I am addicted. I am 16 years old and this is my first hunting dog. Almost done with the swim by then I need to move into the field. Train about every day after school. I live in Southlake and I am trying to find some fields to go train my dog in that can involve some wingers and poppers. Anyone around the Grapevine Lake area train or have a training group? thought about joining a club but I want a group that trains every day. Or does any one know much public land around here that you can train on. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks Robert

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
good luck finding an everyday group but you can find a coupl diif. groups to train with.There are a couple of clubs in the area that have training days.Good luck an do you run you dog yet and how old is your dog?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, well I train my dog, but hope to run him this fall for his title. Once thats done I want to try some field trials after seeing one this weekend.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Where is bearbeatsall when we need him????

KEVIN!!!! Here's a training partner for you!

Jerry

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
huntingrdr said:
He is 5 years old. Pedigree looks alright..but nothing really that special.
Robert, don't be too concerned about your dogs pedigree.

If you love your dog, and enjoy training it, that's all that matters.

I would love to have you come train with us in Valley View sometime but don't think that is the best option for you.

I think you would benefit from having a group closer to your house in which you could work with often.

If you still want to come up to Valley View sometime, my suggestion is to call Judy Aycock and/or John Russell. They are the folks that own the land we train on. The same property you saw when you came to throw birds for our trial.

If you need phone numbers, I can get those for you.

It is very refreshing to see someone young like yourself interested in dogs. There are many other things that a 16 year old could be doing vs. training dogs. But as you get older, I feel you will learn many valuable life lessons along with training your dogs.

You can call me anytime to discuss any issue. You have my number I believe.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing you and your dog again sometime.

Ken

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome. I am still looking for a training place that is close to my house that I can train at every day, but would not mind training with you guys up in Valley View on weekends when there is not a trial or on days off. What club has those training grounds or is it just Russel's land and he lets people train on it. PM me for more details please Ken. Might be interested.

Thanks alot for all the help,

Robert

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
there is only a small group that gets to use there land for a small monthly fee that is well worth the money.I dnt think any clubs train out there except the valley View Crew.you can look up Big D Cowtown and lonestar hunt clubs that all have training days.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
huntingrdr said:
Awesome. I am still looking for a training place that is close to my house that I can train at every day, but would not mind training with you guys up in Valley View on weekends when there is not a trial or on days off. What club has those training grounds or is it just Russel's land and he lets people train on it. PM me for more details please Ken. Might be interested.

Thanks alot for all the help,

Robert
Just call me sometime next week. I will give you all the info. you need to know.

·
Registered
225 Posts
H...DR checkout the Big D HRC website at BIGDHRC.com join the forum and post your request up there, also check out the links to Lone Star and Cow Town HRC clubs some folks live out your way ... and might welcome a strong arm and a training buddy ... if you can get up McKinney way give me a PM and I'll hook you up ...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK...will try that too. I just want some fields or a training buddy thats close that trains every day. Then on weekends or days off go some where else and work with some other guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts