RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, one of my collars is not working correctly. It will not deliver a nick. It will still beep and lights will come on, but no nick. In fact, when I hit the button on the remote the green light comes on as if it did nick but it’s not. After seeing no response on my dog I tried it on my hand, nothing. Anyone had this happen? Any solution or just buy a new one? It’s about 2 years old. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I've heard - but have no direct experience and don't know whether its true or not - that Garmin is terrible with repairs. I would send mine to the Collar Clinic. They've always been really good with my collars.

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
Hi everyone, one of my collars is not working correctly. It will not deliver a nick. It will still beep and lights will come on, but no nick. In fact, when I hit the button on the remote the green light comes on as if it did nick but it’s not. After seeing no response on my dog I tried it on my hand, nothing. Anyone had this happen? Any solution or just buy a new one? It’s about 2 years old. Thanks!
It works in the continuous but not the momentary mode? Have you tried rematching the transmitter and receiver? If so you could try draining the batteries and recharging everything. I would certainly contact Garmin technical support for information whether or not you choose Garmin for needed repair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts