RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday we field tested the new Garmin Pro Control 2 transmitter and receivers. They worked great! Easy to use, reliable and compatable with my Zinger Wingers. I would recommend to anyone. They are my sons. I gave him the transmitter for Christmas and he ordered the receivers. Hank has been on injured reserve. So it was the first opportunity we had to try them out.

We attached them to my wingers with the Receiver Loks (somewhat similar to velcro) which is what I have on all my wingers.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We didn't have any young dogs. So we didn't use sound very much and then only duck sound.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had my set for a little over 2 weeks now. Great set of equipment. Range is as far as I would ever need. Tried out to 400 yards. Battery life is incredible and the sounds are realistic if you have a young pup. I have no use for the sounds yet. Very reliable with the 2 Zinger Wingers and the Train Rite release that I have. Very pleased with Garmin's product.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I recently purchased a ZingerWinger without electronics. However, when ordering it asked me and I specified that I wanted it set up for Dogtra electronics. Can I choose to switch and use the Garmin transmitter and releases or are they completely different?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I first had my Zinger Wingers set up for Tri-Tronics. I had the Tri-Tronic RR150 set up. ( antiques I know) i then ordered Garmin RR, and had to switch polarity plug on wingers. It's not difficult at all. 50-50 chance you will not have to switch polarity. 100% chance of u being satisfied with Garmin's product.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A training buddy recently showed up with two new Zinger Wingers. I changed the polarity in the field. It took about a minute or less for each winger.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Did a search and this is one of the threads that came up. So this thread is from 4 years ago but I have to order a new remote launch transmitter and receiver and I am thinking about switching from Dogtra to the Garmin Pro Control (I have a Garmin collar tho I seldom use it.) After several years, are the Garmins still holding up?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, still using.

Reactions: J. Marti
1 - 10 of 10 Posts