RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of breeding my Chocolate female to FC AFC High Tech CEO. Wondering what people thought of his pups. Also I have seen several offspring of his and they seem to be lighter in chocolate color. Does he normally throw lighter colored chocolates?

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
205 Posts
I really like my female, she has lots of go and very smart. She is a little bit soft but not real bad just different than I am use to.

Kevin

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Also I have seen several offspring of his and they seem to be lighter in chocolate color. Does he normally throw lighter colored chocolates?
I don't know if he does but Hattie had one chocolate female sister and she was pretty light chocolate.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
As of last November, Gates had sired 68 AKC hunt titled pups. He was also the top sire for dogs on the 2006 derby list with two in the top 10.

The litter of nine (surgical AI) that resulted when he was bred to my female is now 18 weeks old. One of the nine seems to be ideally suited as a couch potato; the others all seem to be high energy, athletic, birdy pups that love water. My litter included 7 blacks (2 male, 5 female) and two yellow females. Most of the blacks had white "Bolo" spots on one or more paws.

The pup I kept is super sweet around the house and unstoppable in the field, lining beautifully on 100 yard retrieves, hunting in light to moderate cover without leaving the area of fall, and generally making it clear to everyone that retrieving is her life. I just received her PennHip results and she ranks in the 90th percentile range (Both Gates and mom are OFA Excellent).

I have no idea how the pups will do over time -- I will be sending mine for training in another couple of months -- but I would not hesitate to do the same breeding again.

·
Registered
167 Posts
He was also the top sire for dogs on the 2006 derby list with two in the top 10.
Well Gates did have 2 pups in the top 10 he had 7 progeny on the 2006 Derby List; Auggie had 12; Ranger 9; Patton also had 7.
Lyle

·
Registered
241 Posts
A friend of mine bred his QAA bitch to Gates.
That breeding has resulted in 1 MH, 2 QAA dogs, and 1 SH.
We are training a black bitch dog off of that litter that will eventually add another MH to that list.
The dog we are training is black and I can't tell you about the light brown thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts