RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know about any titled dogs off of Gates? has he thrown a lot of titled dogs? his most successful breeding? thanks.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
As of November 2006, Gates had 68 AKC hunt titled (JH, SH, MH) offspring. He has one FC (FC Ruf Sea's Angus). He is sire to a number of QAA's and to 7 dogs on the 2006 Derby list. He is also sire to a number of dogs with non-AKC hunt titles.

2006 Derby List Dogs:

#3 Cropper's Tess Pilot (ex Fern Cobble's Contesse)
#6 Beaverdam's Au Poivre (ex AFC Sureshot's Little Party Girl)
#15 Brink's Chocolate Candy (ex Black Hills Sarah Too MH)
#16 Sureshot's Texas Hold'Em (ex AFC Sureshot's Little Party Girl)

plus three more (including one more from the AFC Sureshot's Little Party Girl litter.

His titled progeny are spread across numerous litters and dams. The AFC Sureshot's Little Party Girl litter (12/2004) may turn out to be one of his best. Almost all of his progeny are less than five years old and several could achieve their FC's this year. Of the 124 progeny listed in the OFA database as of today, 37 have excellent hips, 83 are rated good, and none is dysplastic.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I have a friend here in Richmond that has a Gates daughter that is QAA.
About 5 years old, yellow.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Gates has been bred to AFC Sureshot's Little Party Girl "Crash" 2 times with another planned breeding on the way. Amy Hunt kept a bitch from the first breeding named Cha Cha (Sureshot's Little Latin Lover) and I believe she made the 06 derby list as well. I co-own a male from the 2nd breeding and he is coming along very nicely. He was with Dave and Paulette Rorem last fall and they were pleased with him and his abilities.

"Atlas" is CNM clear and tri-factored.

Crash is on the white list. Not sure on Gates.

Thanks -

Travis

·
Registered
617 Posts
Glad to hear it, thanks.

I believe Greg Seddon has a Gates get with QAA as well.

Thanks -

Travis

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
stonybrook said:
Gates has been bred to AFC Sureshot's Little Party Girl "Crash" 2 times with another planned breeding on the way. Amy Hunt kept a bitch from the first breeding named Cha Cha (Sureshot's Little Latin Lover) and I believe she made the 06 derby list as well. I co-own a male from the 2nd breeding and he is coming along very nicely. He was with Dave and Paulette Rorem last fall and they were pleased with him and his abilities.

"Atlas" is CNM clear and tri-factored.

Crash is on the white list. Not sure on Gates.

Thanks -

Travis
Cha Cha's hips are excellent, not sure about Dealers. I know the 3 littermates that ran trials racked up around 75 derby points. The second litter are around 1 year and are pretty awesome from the people i've talked to. Amy spent last week training with Ed and bred Crash to Gates. I think she said they got 3 ties. i'm on the list. There are several spots available, pups are $3,500. IMO thats a bargain considering its a proven repeat.

Contact Amy 719-331-0121 to reserve a puppy. I know she really wants these in field trial homes. I think the first two breedings were 9 pups each.

SM

·
Registered
216 Posts
Gates

Lablover,

There is another Gates pup very close to you that is a Senior Hunter in 5 consecutive tests, has passed 2 consecutive Masters, and became QAA in 2006 as a 2 year old, and most importantly runs with style and makes his owner laugh, smile, get mad and have a lot of fun training. :D :lol: :x :)

Nice Sire.
David Barrow

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've got a Gates son out of Rascal's Chocolate Pie MH QAA - He is a HR/SH , Has a Derby Jam and If I wouldn't have created a Small breaking problem he would have had 2 master passes before he turned 2 (live and learn I guess) , His Hips are OFA Good , Elbows Normal , Waiting on the CNM test kit to arrive so I can Have him tested . He is also Tri-Factored , Will be running Quals this year , and hopefully I don't screw him up anymore . Would definately invest in another Gates pup . The Gates x Kizzie cross has been done 3 times , not sure if Mike has another one planned or not.
________
Mflb

·
Registered
167 Posts
YardleyLabs said:
The AFC Sureshot's Little Party Girl litter (12/2004) may turn out to be one of his best.
Gates has had 17 progeny on the derby list since 2001 with 6 of them being from Candlewood's Rebel Ridge PDQ bitches FC-AFC Countess Olenska and AFC Sureshot's Little Party Girl.
Lyle

·
Registered
279 Posts
FYI-

I was told earlier this winter that Jeff Schnoover's bitch-Pistol-a sister(I think) to Amy Hunt's dog is being bred to Gates. Can anyone confirm?

My "Raven" is out of Jeff's Pistol bred to Devil. Of course, I think that was a VERY nice breeding.

Lisa

·
Registered
987 Posts
This third repeat breeding out of Gates and Crash should be a very very good one -- pups from first litter did well on the 2006 Derby list -- second litter sounds like another great one -- so Shayne is right that this breeding is well worth $3500 -- and I'm glad that I'm on the list -- guess that means another Gates X Crash pup going North, eh Kevin

·
Registered
205 Posts
Stylesl said:
FYI-

I was told earlier this winter that Jeff Schnoover's bitch-Pistol-a sister(I think) to Amy Hunt's dog is being bred to Gates. Can anyone confirm?

My "Raven" is out of Jeff's Pistol bred to Devil. Of course, I think that was a VERY nice breeding.

Lisa
I was asked to post this for someone in responce to this post for everyone to know.

Crash's sister Pistol "was" bred to Gates. Her puppies were due on the 23rd of Feb. She was bred by frozen A I and something went wrong in the last two weeks and she lost all 4 puppies. So, there isn't a litter out of her sister. She ended up having to be spayed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was fortunate to get a pup out of the 2nd breeding of Gates x Crash (AFC Sureshot's Little Party Girl). His name is Tyson - one of the two males in the second litter...

Tyson is with Alan Pleasant right now and so far all of the reports are very positive and his derby prospects are bright! Lots of positive comments about his intelligence and his similarity to Gates (Alan finished the basics on Gates). Tyson, just like Gates, "wants" to do the right thing!

Three of the pups from the first breeding made the derby list... the 2nd breeding is about to start their derby careers and I've heard one is with Rorem, one with Farmer, and I think another with a Pro from TX and one from CA whose names I can't remember, and then my pup with Alan Pleasant. From what I've heard and seen with Tyson the second litter is also turning out well! These pups are extremely intelligent, very high energy, and good with the family.

Here are my opinions:
Strengths - intelligence, high energy, strong marking, hate to get in trouble, able to get over and deal with pressure
Weakness - I thought my male was a little slow to mature (but Alan wants to run him in derbies this summer so what do I know?)

Amy is a pleasure to talk with and I vouch for her... PM me if you are interested in the 3rd breeding and have any questions. Amy is on her way back to CO right now after training with Forry for the past week in SC so hopefully the breeding was successful!

Nathan

·
Registered
987 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback on Gates X Crash litter -- and you guys were completely right about Amy -- one of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure to talk dogs with much less buy a pup from -- dedicated to her dogs and to breeding the best she can is also an understatement -- she is very committed to all facets of her dogs and to her breeding program -- and placing her pups is of obvious importance based on the results of the first litter and feedback on the second -- I'm very impressed with Amy(not to mention SOLD on this litter)

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
ducksoup said:
Thanks for all the feedback on Gates X Crash litter -- and you guys were completely right about Amy -- one of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure to talk dogs with much less buy a pup from -- dedicated to her dogs and to breeding the best she can is also an understatement -- she is very committed to all facets of her dogs and to her breeding program -- and placing her pups is of obvious importance based on the results of the first litter and feedback on the second -- I'm very impressed with Amy(not to mention SOLD on this litter)
Amy is the real deal and we're pretty good friends.... She is a blast!!! I've known her for a long time....

I've trained a littermate of Crash and Lola was one of the most intelligent dogs I've ever trained.

This is a awesome breeding for sure...

You can trust Amy!!!

Angie

·
Registered
708 Posts
Amy is a very nice person, I got to met and train with her last week down in South Carolina. Crash seems like a nice female and if I could only convince my wife that we need another dog :wink: I would love a pup out of this litter...

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
thunderdan said:
Amy is a very nice person, I got to met and train with her last week down in South Carolina. Crash seems like a nice female and if I could only convince my wife that we need another dog :wink: I would love a pup out of this litter...
Dan, here are some convincing arguments that may help you get another dog…

1. But honey, our kids don’t listen to us, I can train the dog
2. Feeding 12 is no harder than feeding 11
3. I have puppy’it is
4. Black dogs take up less space and crap less
5. My new collar needs a neck to hang on
6. I screwed up the first 15 dogs I trained, this one will be different
7. My boss is planning on giving me a raise
8. More bullets in the game give me better odds of making the second series
9. They only live 12 years on average, I don’t want to be without a dog
10. I love you…

1 - 20 of 21 Posts