RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,767 Posts
Big build up for that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I feel like I was robbed. Unfortunately the ending was on par for the last few seasons. Such a disappointment.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1fowlhunter said:
I feel like I was robbed. Unfortunately the ending was on par for the last few seasons. Such a disappointment.
yeah, I didn't watch any of last season and I was actually lost half the time with the relationships... But I actually WANTED to watch this season, which is more than I can say for last time... oh, well...

Could have ended with more excitement. I hate endings like that.

Anybody watch Wicker Man??? Man I was mad at the end of that movie!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
Phil got whacked and at a possible indictment for Tony. I liked the tension/tease at the end with the last scene in the restaurant.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Losthwy said:
Phil got whacked and at a possible indictment for Tony. I liked the tension/tease at the end with the last scene in the restaurant.
Yeah, it was good. I thought my TV died and I snatched the remote, turned the tv "on" (actually off). Took me a few seconds before I realized what had happened. LOL

-K
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,426 Posts
The past 2 seasons were terrible. Thank gawd for The Shield.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
What a waste of what could of been a good ending.

Tony wakes up with an asault rifle to begin with and eating onion rings for a finish. Boo :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,222 Posts
I think we all would have been more disappointed had Tony bought the big one. One had to figure he would live, if not for a movie or some kind of special sequel. Plus, he was the hero of the show and folks don't like to see heros get whacked.

Looks like it was the FBI that saved him. His FBI contact on the Anti-Terrorist unit was the one that tipped him off where Phil was on the lamb in Oyster Bay. No way are they going to let a source of information like Tony get killed with his contacts on the wharfs and docks of Jersey. Also, his FBI contact had a bet on Tony being the survivor over Phil.

I was surprised that the show didn't have AJ going into the Army as AJ wanted to. That would have setup a new show done the road much like Michael Cardeleone coming back from the Army to join the family in the Godfather.

Looks like HBO has another hit on their hands with, "John From Cincinnati". Great story line. Between that show and Entourage, it will be tough looking at anything else on Sunday nights till the NFL season!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
I heard an interesting "guess" today. One guy on the radio "heard" that they were thinking of doing a "prequial" to the Soprano's.

I think that would be pretty cool. Find out how Tony got to be the head of the family and just how bad his mom screwed him up.

Also have to agree with booty "John From Cincinnati" looks like a keeper, to go along with Entourage. I am also a big fan of The Wire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,081 Posts
Heard an interesting theory today...

Evidence that Tony got whacked at the end:
- 2 black guys in the diner were the same ones who shot him in the ear in a failed hit (season 2?)
- trucker in diner was the brother of a trucker that Chris whacked and stole his cargo in an earlier season.
- shady dude in diner was Phil Leotardo's nephew
- the above three are supposedly confirmed by comparing the credits at the end of the finale with previous credits (by a way bigger fan than me)
- Not that it is relevant, but the boy scouts in the diner were the same kids in the train shop when Bobby got offed.
- Meadow's "OMG" expression as she walked in the door (she was about to see T get sent to the big canolli in the sky)
- a few episodes ago Bobby and Tony were on the ski boat and theorizing what it's like to get whacked and they agreed that you don't hear nothing and everything just goes black (this scene was shown in the "Previously on the Sopranos" before the finale and before the next-to-last show...likely for a reason), and that's exactly how the finale ended.

Another Sopranos geek theorized that Tony didn't get killed, but that all of the people in the diner represented that no matter where Tony goes he will always be confronted by reminders of the evil that he has perpetrated and the debris and damage he has left in his wake.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hew said:
Heard an interesting theory today...

Evidence that Tony got whacked at the end:
- 2 black guys in the diner were the same ones who shot him in the ear in a failed hit (season 2?)
- trucker in diner was the brother of a trucker that Chris whacked and stole his cargo in an earlier season.
- shady dude in diner was Phil Leotardo's nephew
- the above three are supposedly confirmed by comparing the credits at the end of the finale with previous credits (by a way bigger fan than me)
- Not that it is relevant, but the boy scouts in the diner were the same kids in the train shop when Bobby got offed.
- Meadow's "OMG" expression as she walked in the door (she was about to see T get sent to the big canolli in the sky)
- a few episodes ago Bobby and Tony were on the ski boat and theorizing what it's like to get whacked and they agreed that you don't hear nothing and everything just goes black (this scene was shown in the "Previously on the Sopranos" before the finale and before the next-to-last show...likely for a reason), and that's exactly how the finale ended.

Another Sopranos geek theorized that Tony didn't get killed, but that all of the people in the diner represented that no matter where Tony goes he will always be confronted by reminders of the evil that he has perpetrated and the debris and damage he has left in his wake.
I really like the last bullet point...

One of my favorite season finales was Six Feet Under. Anybody watch that? They fast forwarded through every main characters life and showed them at their deaths. So you knew exactly what happened to them. It was very "fulfilling" so to speak. The best season finale of any show I've ever watched.

Why do writers/producers INSIST on NOT letting you know exactly what happens?

-K
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top