RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dog owners 'fleeced' in poodle scam

Thousands of people have been 'fleeced' into buying neatly coiffured lambs they thought were poodles.

Entire flocks of lambs were shipped over from the UK and Australia to Japan by an internet company and marketed as the latest 'must have' accessory.

But the scam was only spotted after a leading Japanese actress said her 'poodle' didn't bark and refused to eat dog food.

Maiko Kawakami, who starred in the Japanese thriller Violent Cop, showed photographs of her pet on a television talk show only to be told it wasn't a dog - but was in fact a lamb.

The discovery prompted hundreds of women to contact the police with similar problems and the authorities believe as many as 2,000 people have been conned.

'We launched an investigation after we were made aware that a company was selling sheep as poodles,' a police spokesman told The Sun.

'Sadly, we think there is more than one company operating in this way.

'The sheep are believed to have been imported from overseas - Britain and Australia.'

Poodles are famously used by the rich and glamourous on the continent but are extremely rare in Japan, with many people having little idea what they look like.

The company, which translates as Poodles as Pets, sold the 'poodles' for £630, about half the cost of a normal poodle but is now understood to have been shut down.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=46730&in_page_id=34

·
Registered
813 Posts
wtf......

You would think that somebody would be smart enough to know what a dog looked like poodle or not.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be funny to try to take one of those poodles/lambs to a pro to be trained and force fethced with a hidden camera show for one of the outdoor channels. :twisted:

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
I cannot mention any specific names, BUT there is a certian registry out there that will register them.... :lol:

·
Registered
97 Posts
As a college summer job I worked as a supervisor for Pioneer Hy-Brids in their corn fields. Middle school and high school kids were hired to detassle the "female" corn, and my job was to insure that every field was detassled sufficiently.

One field in particular had a group from an inner-city church detassling. A little inner-city girl came up to me in tears, saying that somebody had run over a dog and it was in the corn. When I found the "dog" in the corn, just yards from a highway, I began to laugh. I really couldn't help it, nor could any other other country folk with me. The dead "dog" was actually, and very obviously, a white-tail deer!

Todd

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about the designer breeds? Labradoodle anyone?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Even Uncle Jerry knows a lamb don't bark and sh*ts little round balls!!!!

Wondering if I could market these chickens I have as Pheasants.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Jerry said:
Even Uncle Jerry knows a lamb don't bark and sh*ts little round balls!!!!

Wondering if I could market these chickens I have as Pheasants.

Jerry
Sure, Just remember that you'll get more if they are free range Pheasant!

·
Registered
649 Posts
badbullgator said:
I cannot mention any specific names, BUT there is a certian registry out there that will register them.... :lol:

You beat me to it... :lol:

Any bets one whether or not these are "English poodles"? Oh wait, the url given is a ".uk" - I guess that means we'll see them being promoted in Mississippi soon....

·
Registered
649 Posts
Ozpa said:
One field in particular had a group from an inner-city church detassling. A little inner-city girl came up to me in tears, saying that somebody had run over a dog and it was in the corn. When I found the "dog" in the corn, just yards from a highway, I began to laugh. I really couldn't help it, nor could any other other country folk with me. The dead "dog" was actually, and very obviously, a white-tail deer!

You should have field dressed it!!!

Dog meat is delicious regards,

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
You people really make me sick! I have been working hard to build my kennel "Baaaad Dogs Kennels" and you come on here and bash my British Poodles. What a bunch of jerks! And to think, I was just about to introduce my new breed the hogadoodle.

CKC # c37928727

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
Maybe they thought they were buying lamberdoodles. :lol:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Maybe the freight was mixed up.

Who are eating the mutts????????

My brother in law is working in China again. He has become used to not worrying what he is eating. Latest soup was donkey penis. True!!!!!

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Aussie said:
Maybe the freight was mixed up.

Who are eating the mutts????????

My brother in law is working in China again. He has become used to not worrying what he is eating. Latest soup was donkey penis. True!!!!!
Is it a cream based soup? :shock:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts