RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Large flock overhead today.

Don't know if it's the first, last or what. Only one I've heard or seen.

Jerry

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not the first, but not the last. However I don't see why there would be any geese down here past the next week or two...at least as far down as I am. I saw a small group of Spec's in a hay field today.

EW

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well they won't go to far. Lots of snow in South Dakota right now and six to seven inches more suppose to fall tomorrow! Ussually we start to see some snows the last weekend of Feburary.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
They have been headen north for a couple of weeks now. Still a few left here but most have left.

·
Registered
160 Posts
MNretriever said:
Hey oakwood what breeding is your yellow out of that is on your avatar?
FC Downtown Dusty Brown x CP Puttin for Birdie JH

Right now she is the dog I thought I would never be lucky enough to own!
Time will tell!

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
What the hell is a geese? We do not have those critters down here.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Snow geese

This is the first year in over 6 that I have seen snows wintering here in central NJ. Usually we have them for a few weeks in Dec and Jan but this year a big bunch of them never left.

·
Registered
177 Posts
oakwood said:
Well they won't go to far. Lots of snow in South Dakota right now and six to seven inches more suppose to fall tomorrow! Ussually we start to see some snows the last weekend of Feburary.
Well since the last weekend of Feb. has passed, I guess it is time to start seeing them up there :p Man...snow....we all have spring fever down here. Nice sunny 80 degree day today with a nice calm breeze. Very pleasant.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I have seen more Canadian Geese fly over head here, than I have-in total-since November.

·
Registered
173 Posts
MikeBoley said:
They have been headen north for a couple of weeks now. Still a few left here but most have left.
I am still seeing 4 to 5 groups of 50 to 100 a day flying north over my place. They are headed out though.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Saw a flock of snows headed north last night about 9 pm. Over Wichita Ks. Only the second time i have seen them over my house. Pretty cool to see as it is a rarity.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts