RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Make plans for May 11-13 at Vinwood Kennels.

Format will be somewhat like we had at Texas Training Day. All Age Triples will be set up so that Fred & Chester don't have to move around too much. Handlers will be ENCOURAGED to move anywhere they desire to compensate for the age, ability, etc. of your dog. It's a given that the training portion will go well.

Now the best part.

I made arrangements today for the best damn Crawfish Boiling Team in the world to feed you on Saturday. And a pretty decent BBQ guy will feed you on Sunday.

Cost will be $75 for the three days. Live ducks, if available, will be an extra $10 each.

It is very important that you let me know and have payment in no later than Fri May 4th if you plan to attend because crawfish ain't cheap and we need to make sure we have enough and let the cooks know how many sacks to bring. Ducks have to be ordered!!!

If someone just happens to show up and the name is not on MY roster they will be politely invited to go somewhere else.

There is a covered pavillion but bring your own chairs please. If you plan to attend and need directions, I will be happy to give them to you by email, snail mail, or phone.

My address is 22674 CR 140, Bedias TX 77831

The last time I checked, the Best Western in Navasota is NOT dog friendly at all (even in the parking lot if they bark). I will get the names and numbers of the other motels there tomorrow and post them.

This is going to happen, rain or shine, on those dates and I look forward to having you.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brad B said:
The days inn across the hwy. from B. Western is dog friendly, I think they cost like 10 bucks a nite extra.
Old people are slow but I think I just realized who I was talking to at B-CS. You're that tall fellow aren't you???

Jerry

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jay Dufour graciously volunteered to bring boudin for the grill.

Not too sure how much training we will get in but I guarantee we will EAT WELL!!!

If 3-4 of you want to get together and bunk in my camper, you're welcome to use it.

There's also a "camp house" across the road from me. I'll know tomorrow or Wednesday if it might also be available for the week-end.

Jerry

·
Registered
932 Posts
Jerry said:
Jay Dufour graciously volunteered to bring boudin for the grill.

Not too sure how much training we will get in but I guarantee we will EAT WELL!!!

If 3-4 of you want to get together and bunk in my camper, you're welcome to use it.

There's also a "camp house" across the road from me. I'll know tomorrow or Wednesday if it might also be available for the week-end.

Jerry
It will be good to see the ******* again. Haven't see him since the NFRA inaugural. Great chance to chaw a while over a few cold ones.......... :wink:

Polock...............thinkin' he might be the only easterner headed west for the retreat..................flight is ready to be booked........... :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Since I was one of Jerry's "College Kidz" who is now out of college, I don't think I can miss this. I will have to drive down Friday Night/Saturday Morning and leave Sunday Morning, and I don't care if my dog sees a mark or not, I still talk about the last 'Texas Training Day' and I can't wait until the this one.

I will get the check in the mail ASAP.....add me to the list. I will sleep in my truck (not in college anymore, but still young and dumb). I will hit up the other half of the "College Kidz Duo" and get his butt down there too!

Travis

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:D :D Don't remember which one of you young'uns I gave the dog box to but might have to raffle off it's twin and rig it so that the other gets it. :D :D

Plus, ya'll should be damn near old enough to drink legally now.

The crawfish cookers are the ones that did the annual "boil" for my friend with Parkinson's, and one has the wife that I fell in love with that smokes a pipe!!!! She told me at Wayne's Memorial that she had given up the pipe but might puff on a cigar now and then.

She is a GOOD looking woman!!!

Jerry

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Monica is fat, this one is good looking and as sweet as she can be.

Jerry

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
kjrice said:
It is the cigar that threw me off.

As stated by Bubba, /Paul and myself...YOU JUST HAIN'T RIGHT! But dayum, you are funny, man! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

UB

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Uncle Bill said:
kjrice said:
It is the cigar that threw me off.

As stated by Bubba, /Paul and myself...YOU JUST HAIN'T RIGHT! But dayum, you are funny, man! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

UB
I'll stay away from a picture of that...

/paul

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Jerry said:
Brad B said:
The days inn across the hwy. from B. Western is dog friendly, I think they cost like 10 bucks a nite extra.
Old people are slow but I think I just realized who I was talking to at B-CS. You're that tall fellow aren't you???

Jerry
Yes sir, with the quickly disappearing hair !! Your dog ran behind mine in master.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL, mine also ran behind the dam trees across the creek!!!!!!

But she handled like a big dog. Twice!!! :oops:

Jerry

·
Registered
932 Posts
EVEN I'ze can sea it sooud be a great weak en' in Bedias.............sign up be4 it's to late......................... :shock:

·
Registered
932 Posts
BY the way................FLATLANDER.....YOU GONNA SHOW...............thanks MIORA for the use of yer husband..............love ya...................... :wink:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Jerry said:
LOL, mine also ran behind the dam trees across the creek!!!!!!

But she handled like a big dog. Twice!!! :oops:

Jerry
As long as you had fun, that's all that counts. Id've watched you run but my head was still reeling from having just run my first master. I was just glad we picked up all the birds. !!

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Jerry said:
Re: Gentlemen's Retreat Is ON!!!!
Dear Jer,

Are you planning on importing some gentlemen??????

While I'm not a stickler on semantics, perhaps you should rename this event "Guy's Retreat" :wink:

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
EdA said:
Jerry said:
Re: Gentlemen's Retreat Is ON!!!!
Dear Jer,

Are you planning on importing some gentlemen??????

While I'm not a stickler on semantics, perhaps you should rename this event "Guy's Retreat" :wink:
Yea, at least that way, I could maybe attend.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No renaming or importing needed.

We will be gentlemen in the GUY sort of way!!! Lots of things become gentlemanly when followed by "Oh S&%T, I bet a beer you can't rip one off like that!!."

Once that is said, everything is cool again.

Jerry

addendum (is that correct John?)

Camp House across the road is not for lease, rent, sale or anything else. Just using it for termite food I guess.

HOWEVER!!!!!

Who's coming that needs to borrow a beautiful Chocolate male (trying to get you some publicity Nancy) to have a dog to work???? Well guess who gots one? I put the JH on him so I know he will pick up birds and deliver to hand.

And guess who owns that brand new 3 bedroom mobile home right across the road? And while you're guessing, guess who's Daughter suggested that we use her Mother's mobile home?

Sweet Bride gonna ax her tomorrow.

We will get this sleeping thing worked out, one way or another. Might be a good idea to bring a sleeping bag or two because there is not ONE stick of furniture in this new mobile home. It won't be like roughing it in the woods cause it is 3 bedroom/two bath. Water, electricity and A/C are all I can promise.

Now you yankees don't get no ideas about "tipping cows". The two bulls that service those cows don't abide nobody trying to tip their wimmenz.

And if you're real nice, you might get to see how a pack of cow dogs can go running out in the woods and bring the herd back. Or for real excitement just honk the horn and duck, cause they will get in the truck with you looking for the feed that the horn promised. :twisted: :twisted:

Two things I need to caution you about.

1. Don't go **** hunting with my psuedo-Grandson, Travis, cause you will get hurt tripping over stuff in the dark and scary night and his dog will only find a possum anyway.

2. Don't accept ANY tobacco product from my neighbor, Mr. Dempsy!!!!!!

Everything else should be a piece of cake.

Cautionary regards,

Jerry

1 - 20 of 59 Posts