RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rhett is 3 and I have been toying with this idea for a while. I want him fixed because I think his hormones drive him nuts sometimes but I don't know anything for sure. I just want to know what y'all think? What affect will it have on him in terms of energy and drive to hunt? How will it affect him otherwise? Just curious to get some responses.

Thanks

Pierce

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So from what I am reading, or at the least taking out of the reading is that since he is essentially full grown this should not have an adverse affect on him in regards to muscle structure or work ethic?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Pierce, it's my understanding that neutering should not effect his development or drive. Although yours is a male and my Sadie is obviously female, I still believe my biggest mistake was having her spayed before she had an opportunity to be bred at least once with a well-chosen male. That's not because of any concern for her development or ultimate performance in the field (she's an amazing dog), but instead, selfishly, I'll never have an opportunity to train and work one or more of her pups.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what my worst fear is, that I would regret it. I just love his personality so much but, not to sound conceited and I know pretty much all proud owners feel this way, but I honestly, personally never have seen a better looking Yellow male. That's why I want for him to contribute to at least one breeding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts