RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boomer died from cancer this evening! He was/is an icon! Prayers for him and ALL the Akins!!!!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Man that is a bummer... Don't know if Chris reads the posts on here or not but I feel honored to have seen this fine animal perform. Sorry Chris ...:(:(

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Boomer was larger than life in his days....

I've got a Boomer girl here that was my first lab and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

Prayers for Akin family.

Jeff

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
So sorry for the loss.

·
Registered
172 Posts
So sad. We just don't get them long enough. Sorry for your loss Chris. Prayers sent from Oklahoma. Boomer is retrieving birds left and right up there, and he doesn't even have to honor.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Boomer was larger than life in his days....

I've got a Boomer girl here that was my first lab and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

Prayers for Akin family.

Jeff
Very sorry for Chris and Janet. I consider myself very lucky to have watched Boomer hunt.

About 2 years ago, I watched Boomer pick up about 40 ducks in impossible conditions. Ice, snow, at least 25 mph wind...ducks didn't want to finish so about half of what we shot were cripples. Boomer probably went 2 miles that morning, maybe more. When we were done, everyone loaded into the boat and Boomer was still excited.

I asked Chris what Boomer was so fired up about. He said, "He thinks we're going back to the truck to get more bullets."

·
Registered
213 Posts
Rest in peace big man. The woods are always ten inches deep and full of birds where you're hunting now!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
So sorry to hear of the loss. Prayers to the family.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
So sorry to hear about the loss of this fine dog. Prayers to all who loved him and who he loved!

With Sympathy,
Earlene

·
Registered
923 Posts
If anyone is interested, SRS posted a video of Chris and Boomer on thier facebook page. Chris had a lot of passion for his guy.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
So very sorry.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this. We saw Boomer a few months ago with Chris and Janet at a HT. He was laying beside Janet in the grass just resting and I sat down and loved on the old fellow for a while. They really loved that dog.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Absolutely heartwrenching. My heart goes out to Chris and his wife. Boomer was definitely a one in a million.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sincere condolences to the Akin family for their loss.
RIP Boomer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts