RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I just got a GO PRO camera & love it. I've been filming everything from fishing trips to little stuff around the house with the kids. I will eventually film a lot of my training with the new pup to come. Anyway, my question is how & what do you people use to edit all the vids you take with it. I need specific advice here because I have never edited any video on the computer. I've got a bunch of individual clips that I would like to clump together and make movies out of. What program do you use & how do you get all your associated clips together for specific movies??? Please try to be as specific as possible. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
792 Posts
its hard to beat imovie on macs. and its included software on all macs.

pc:confused:

may catch flack on this but for any creative stuff (photos graphics, movies, web design) macs win hands down on ability as well as ease of use against pcs. possibilities are unlimited

theres a reason all the fancy windows 7 and vista commercials were made using a mac. thats because they contracted it out to a ad agency that unbeknownst to them uses macs.

let the mac bashing begin

·
Registered
435 Posts
I use Video Pad video editor but recently purchased an IPad3 and use IMovie which is super easy to use.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If running Windows you can use Windows Live Movie Maker (similar to iMovie on Macs). Just right click on the video and select Movie Maker. Easy to learn simply by playing around with it. Wanting to add multiple movies...just drag and drop them into Movie Maker. If looking for more advanced software, Adobe After Effects, Sony Vegas Pro, Avid Media Composer, etc are worth looking into. Youtube will be a helpful source on how to do any and everything with whatever program you go with.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I use Mac and love it.The I-Movie however, is a little hard for me to operate.I have just done a couple with it and should practice more.The I DVD is real easy ,as it burns the dvd automatically. I just ordered the I Kam Extremes for sending clients short videos of their pups.I have the I-Mac ,Laptop pro,I phone that all work well together.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,

I played around with Windows live movie maker & got a crude first movie put together with an intro & transitions between the 8 or some clips. It turned out pretty good & i'm sure my editing skills will evolve. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
iMovie will do most of what any normal person would want if you want a step up get final cut or adobe premier. Like all software the biggest deal is learning how to use what you get. I use final cut and IMovie.

·
Registered
163 Posts
+++++1 on the Mac. Thats all we use as Springdale Schools for our tv productions! Frustrating to use for the first 10 minutes, but you'll never buy a pc again on minute 11. Endless possibilities on those things!

·
Registered
968 Posts
I am trying to use movie maker. But All I get is a blank screen. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have an iMac and love it all Mac's come with iMovie and you can do a lot of stuff on that. I also like Final cut pro. Good luck enjoy your gopro they are awesome!

Hey there,

I just got a GO PRO camera & love it. I've been filming everything from fishing trips to little stuff around the house with the kids. I will eventually film a lot of my training with the new pup to come. Anyway, my question is how & what do you people use to edit all the vids you take with it. I need specific advice here because I have never edited any video on the computer. I've got a bunch of individual clips that I would like to clump together and make movies out of. What program do you use & how do you get all your associated clips together for specific movies??? Please try to be as specific as possible. Thanks in advance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts