RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 year old golden retriever who seems to be in fine health. He runs with me every day and eats well. For the last few days I've seen him having a bit of trouble standing.. he seems to twitch a bit, or maybe stumble, but then be fine. I've also seen him twitch a couple times while just laying on the ground. I doubt its dysplasia, because I had his hips x-rayed before and they look fine. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I have a 3 year old golden retriever who seems to be in fine health. He runs with me every day and eats well. For the last few days I've seen him having a bit of trouble standing.. he seems to twitch a bit, or maybe stumble, but then be fine. I've also seen him twitch a couple times while just laying on the ground. I doubt its dysplasia, because I had his hips x-rayed before and they look fine. Anyone have any ideas?
I would take him to the vet today.
Keith

·
Registered
123 Posts
While it is important to take him to a vet, and quick. I did have a dog that was allergic to frontline. It causes him to have seizures, one of which he had while in the water. Very scary. They ony lasted a few seconds, like what you are saying, I switched meds all better.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I had a golden who would twitch, then her rear legs would go out all the while staring distantly. Took her to the vet. It was a seizure. She would get 3 or 4 a year. Never swam her after that.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The age is right for seizures to begin in Goldens.
Take her to the Vet. Do a complete blood panel and CBC to rule out poisons and other things.
No trauma to her head (falling off of something, running into something ,accidentally getting hit by something)
If they find nothing than it is idiopathic Epilepsy.
Sue

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sounds like petitmall siezures to me. I used to have a golden that had siezures and while getting meds balanced he would have peititmall siezures that sound a lot like this. Even though you can't see an injury it is possible that it is injury related or something he ate, but a trip to the vet is best.
deb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts