RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got finished putting my two year old lab in his grave. I'm both angry and saddened by his passing.
I went out of town for the day and had my neighbor fill his water and feed him. He decided that since I left my bumpers out that he would throw them in the 90 degree plus heat. I get a call that Coal has collapsed and can't move and isn't breathing. He ran the dog into heatstroke.
I can't believe all the time I trained and hunted with Coal and now he is gone. I had such high hopes for him as he was progressing so well into a great duck dog. I thought we had many years ahead of us.
Just had to vent, thanks for listening.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I would be devastated.

Mark

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Oh my god that is so sad. I am so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
798 Posts
My heart goes out to you.... so sorry for your loss. RIP Coal.

·
Registered
568 Posts
So sorry for the unexpected and sudden loss of your beloved friend.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Just so sad. I'm sorry for the loss of Coal way too soon.

·
Registered
716 Posts
My heart sunk, I am so sorry for your loss! I don't hear any blame in your post and that shows much courage on your part! It will be difficult not to point a finger. From what I know of dogs Coal wouldn't point a finger if it were up to him. These dogs are bred to retrieve, and they'll allow nothing to get in the way of retrieving that bird and that's what we adore about them. Thats why God has choosen us, people with enough sense to care, train, and compete with these fine animals. So sorry for your loss, words can't explain. Godspeed Coal, may all your marks be fliers in heaven!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Tragic loss. I am sure your friend is beside himself. It looks like you have handled this well with him. I am sorry for your loss....

·
Registered
755 Posts
I am so very, very sorry for the loss of your precious boy. It is hard at anytime, but two years old is way to young. There are no words that can comfort, only sorrow expressed. understanding of your pain, and a strong prayer that your memories will be good ones and your heart will heal.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
So sad to read this ... very very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I am very sorry for you, run free Coal. Also prayers for the neighbor who must have a terrible burden now....

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Oh my goodness, I am so so sorry for your loss.
Prayers for you and your neighbor.
It sounds like Coal had a great time in the too short time he was with you, though, and I hope that will bring you comfort.
Take Care,
Becky

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
How tragic! I hope you are able to find solace in memory of his short life. I wish peace for your friend as well.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts