RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Luck to our friend Lanse Brown as he prepares for his 54th National with his 104th and 105th qualification with Eva and Rosa..We are so very proud of your accomplishment and will sit with anticipation of seeing your numbers appear on the callbacks list..our very best to you and your wife Jimmy

MaryKent and Clint Mallari

Good Luck Lanse, seeing how you are sponsored this week by AARP and Sunsweet Prunes, I too will wait in anticipation of hearing of your success at the National Amateur, get plenty of rest in between series, keep all outside communication and distractions to a minimum and even though you say its just another week of grinding, we all know how much you cherish competing at this level

Bon

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
I second that emotion!! It is always a more enjoyable trial on the rare occasions when Lanse's & my FT schedule overlap
Lanse is probably my favorite character in this game. You either love him or hate him; and Im strongly in the love him camp

Here's hoping that Lanse is still standing at the end!!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Good luck, Lanse. No matter how it is at the end of this year's National Amateur, you have accomplished a great deal in the years you have been trialing.
Helen

·
Registered
863 Posts
First guy I ever met at my first FT!!! More than welcomed us to the game took time out of his day to help me and calm me down as it was our first derby. I always look forward to those encounters or phone calls with Lanse! He sure knows this game inside and out and I believe its what has kept him alive thru all his health issues. Goodluck my friend!
Chad

·
Registered
716 Posts
I second that emotion!! It is always a more enjoyable trial on the rare occasions when Lanse's & my FT schedule overlap
Lanse is probably my favorite character in this game. You either love him or hate him; and Im strongly in the love him camp

Here's hoping that Lanse is still standing at the end!!
Love the guy too! Probably one of the last truly great amateur dog minds still playing the game!

·
Registered
176 Posts
What a daunting accomplishment. I've always wanted to meet Lanse, especially after his open invite on RTF to come and train with him. Always enjoy seeing him and his dogs finishing well. Good luck Mr. Brown.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
For Lanse Brown to have racked up 105 National qualifications is sort of incomprehensible to me.
Hell, in 10 years I've haven't even run 100 trials. Came as close as needing one placement to qualifying once or twice but never actually made it.
I mean, how many of you out there have ever qualified for one national? It's freakin' hard.

105 National qualifications? Think about that for a minute. It's incomprehensible to me.

Congratulations Lanse Brown, hope you're standing tall and in great shape at the end of this one.
Cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good Luck to Lance

The finest gift that one can receive is friendship. So thank you Lance for your friendship, and all your valued advice and support while I was a new comer in the field trial game running Super Sue. Most of all thank you for what you have given to our sport. So from one old AARP fart to another take your two girls and kick some booty. GOOD LUCK at the 2012 Nat. AM. I will see you in Alabama this winter.
Your friend always

·
Registered
221 Posts
Good Luck Lanse! Hope you finish another one! I cant imagine qualifying for that many Nationals! Its super hard to get qualified even once! Also, only contestant to ever send me a written thank you card for judging an Amateur! Very respected!
Bobby

·
Registered
698 Posts
Lanse must be around 76 by now. He's running a bitch who must be over 10 years. Talk about staying power and passion for the sport!

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lanse must be around 76 by now. He's running a bitch who must be over 10 years. Talk about staying power and passion for the sport!
He says he is 72, but since Methusala and Moses are no longer around to dispute his actual birth year, we will take it that he is in his seventh decade

the person with the staying power has got to be his wife James Etta Brown (Jimmie)..I am sure that a judge would commute her life sentence to time served, because only a strong willed woman like her could put up with him this long :p:p:rolleyes:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Lanse must be around 76 by now. He's running a bitch that must be over 10 years. Talk about staying power and passion for the sport!
BonMallari said:
He says he is 72, but since Methusala and Moses are no longer around to dispute his actual birth year, we will take it that he is in his seventh decade [...]

Lanse started field trialing around 1965, so he's been in the sport 47 years. I met him at Rex's in the early 1980s and I thought he was in his mid40s then. If he's 72 now, he lost a few years somewhere along the way, but what the heck - would a year or four make any difference to anyone in their 7th decade? I doubt I'll make it that far myself!

·
Registered
31 Posts

Lanse started field trialing around 1965, so he's been in the sport 47 years. I met him at Rex's in the early 1980s and I thought he was in his mid40s then. If he's 72 now, he lost a few years somewhere along the way, but what the heck - would a year or four make any difference to anyone in their 7th decade? I doubt I'll make it that far myself!
Lanse Brown was born in 1938 in St. Louis MO

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Well,
I'll bet it's not the first time at a National that Lanse has stepped up to the line with his first dog and got a No Bird after a gun change.
Aught to be relaxed now. lol

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Lanse Brown was born in 1938 in St. Louis MO
You sure??? I mean the Buster Brown Shoe commercials have been around since 1902. :p

·
Registered
5,025 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts