RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a great morning training. On swimby I got Hank to exit on the left by just walking part way down the bank. Good boy. Then we did an ABCD drill at 100, 110, 200 and 210 yds. The long birds were down the middle and pinched in. The short marks were on the two opposite sides. The grass was deep. At one point I lost sight of him for a second in the tall grass. He is really learning to use his nose. We had a good cross wind at about 10 mph. Hank practically front footed the marks. All ducks from wingers with stickmen and primers in the wingers. I was as proud as I could be.

However, we have a long driveway with the drive winding thru trees. One tree is particularily dangerous and is only about a foot from the drive. It jumped out and scraped and dented the side of my pickup. Have to go to the collision center for repairs. The real inconvience is driving a rental pu where nothing fits.
After I got over my tantrum, I decided to cut the grass. Just as I was finishing. The riding mower started rattling and smoking. Drats.

Now I'm wondering what the third thing is going to be.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Wayne thanks for posting, I just thought I was the only one with luck like that. Glad to know there are two of us out there.
Dave

·
Registered
611 Posts
Perhaps you should look at it this way, Wayne. Neither you or any of your dogs were injured and your truck only sustained damage to the body. I'm guessing that this accident will cause you to be more alert when driving and may actually keep you more safe in the future. Sorry about the mower, but trying to keep your glass half full!

Kathryn

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
How long has that tree been there? How long have you been driving your drive? What drivers ed course are you following? :)
Ben there done that:(

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Wayne at least you got the grass cut!!!:) Tomorrow is the Friday the 13th!!!!:)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
We had a great morning training. On swimby I got Hank to exit on the left by just walking part way down the bank. Good boy. Then we did an ABCD drill at 100, 110, 200 and 210 yds. The long birds were down the middle and pinched in. The short marks were on the two opposite sides. The grass was deep. At one point I lost sight of him for a second in the tall grass. He is really learning to use his nose. We had a good cross wind at about 10 mph. Hank practically front footed the marks. All ducks from wingers with stickmen and primers in the wingers. I was as proud as I could be.

However, we have a long driveway with the drive winding thru trees. One tree is particularily dangerous and is only about a foot from the drive. It jumped out and scraped and dented the side of my pickup. Have to go to the collision center for repairs. The real inconvience is driving a rental pu where nothing fits.
After I got over my tantrum, I decided to cut the grass. Just as I was finishing. The riding mower started rattling and smoking. Drats.

Now I'm wondering what the third thing is going to be.
Life is a B#$%H some times Wayne, tomorrow will be a better day. Glad Hank (by Pirate) is smacking his marks!

I snapped a mirror off my truck after a training day last summer. Came down off a pond dam and when the truck angled over it put me a smudge too close to Jerry's truck and snapped it off on his bed rail.

I still aint fixed it out of spite for the situation.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Somedays those dang trees won't stay put. Hope today goes well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts