RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the Rocky Mountain Retriever Club Spring Trial, FC/AFC Small Craft Advisory pups made a good showing

Bayou Star Independence (Indy - Ruff x Tia) won the Derby
Bayou Star Little Bear (Teddy - Ruff x Tia) took second in the Derby

Freeridin Ms. Kitty (Kitty - Ruff x Sugar), who just turned 2 won the Qualifying

And had Kitty's owner decided to handle earlier on the big punch bird, she might have finished the Amateur.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Kitty's litter has produced some pretty nice dogs. Gawthorpe's Baker had 14 derby points (with 2 wins) and a Q win and Keith Pharr's Bay has, what...37 derby points?

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
37 derby points. Wow. Kitty ran a derby at a year so we could have 10 dogs. Got RJ. Ran two derbies this Spring. Got two thirds.

Gary Unger told me that three of the litter were already QAA (litter whelped 5/9/2010). Did not say who.

So it seems like pretty nice litter

Cherylon Loveland has three of the Ruff x Tia puppies (litter whelped in August 2010) and they all look like the real deal

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yes Ted, the Rough pups sound like they are doing GREAT. Sounds to me, that their handler did a pretty fair job as well.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Ted, the Rough pups sound like they are doing GREAT. Sounds to me, that their handler did a pretty fair job as well.
Easy to be a good jockey when you ride good horses

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have been watching for litters out of him for the last six months and haven't
seen a lot! Are they still doing breedings?

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I have been watching for litters out of him for the last six months and haven't
seen a lot! Are they still doing breedings?
That's when you call up the stud owner and ask.

I'd call every couple of months and find out if he's bred to any bitches of note, if he's still breeding. You'd really like to know about them before they're on the ground.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts