RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jerry Harris (Unca Jerry) invited me here in 2003. Over the years I have hung around having some fun, occasionally getting angry, and dispensing good (hopefully) advice about all sorts of things but the time has come to move on to something more enjoyable like a root canal or a prostate exam. I’m certain that my departure will be applauded by some and hopefully some will miss me. I miss Unca Jerry, Joe Stambaugh, Chris K, Anthony Heath, Uncle Bill, Qui Chang Trainer, Noah, Chris A, and others. I am thankful to be alive and my spouse and I are enjoying improved health this year but otherwise 2020 really sucks(ed).

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I know I will miss you Dr. Ed! I appreciate your veterinary wisdom and years of experience with working dogs. Sorry to see you go, but also understand taking advantage of improved health (I had two hip replacements this year!).

The new format sucks, so if you are leaving, I may also leave because there won’t be a trustworthy source of veterinary knowledge any more, and no reason to wade through the ads and other crap to see your comments.

Best wishes for you and your wife.

Meredith

·
Registered
17 Posts
Before you go could you at the very least finish the 2020 NRC blog. One day and a few of your comments-input would be nice. Just hang with us for one more day please.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Your insight, wisdom, and experiences will be missed here Dr Ed. You have obviously been an integral part of the retriever and field trial world for many many years and I am sure you will continue to do so even sans rtf.

I can't imagine why anyone would be happy to see you leave rtf, I'd think most here have very high respect for you and your incredible contributions to the sport and to the dogs.

be well,
Juli

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Ed, I will truly miss your presence here. I would truly prefer you not leave, but I understand. Not only is it one voice of reason but at times you've been hugely helpful to me personally. Your advice about Carson was great (and I did enjoy competing with him as long as he could).

Joe Stambaugh? Oh, my goodness

I miss them too regards,

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
EdA,

Sorry to see your decision, but I know where you are coming from,

All I'd ask is that you keep a watching brief on the forum and chime in when you can; there aren't many around with your gifts and knowledge. Like many others I've valued you contributions over the years and it would be a sore loss if you ignored those who could benefit from your expertise, not least our canine chums,

All the best,
Eugene

·
Registered
39 Posts
Jerry Harris (Unca Jerry) invited me here in 2003. Over the years I have hung around having some fun, occasionally getting angry, and dispensing good (hopefully) advice about all sorts of things but the time has come to move on to something more enjoyable like a root canal or a prostate exam. I’m certain that my departure will be applauded by some and hopefully some will miss me. I miss Unca Jerry, Joe Stambaugh, Chris K, Anthony Heath, Uncle Bill, Qui Chang Trainer, Noah, Chris A, and others. I am thankful to be alive and my spouse and I are enjoying improved health this year but otherwise 2020 really sucks(ed).
No! You can’t leave me! You are always giving me great advice! As Bill Murray said in the movie Stripes “you can’t leave, all the plants will die”

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Take up an alter ego. Its way more fun. Hahalol. Life down at the boat ramp is pretty peaceful.

I've removed myself from every bookface and dog related forum quite a while ago. I breeze past rtf every once and a while. After spending the last 4 years fairly constantly with a person whom ill call my "mentor" I have no taste for dog discussions on the internet.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Doc, yes you will be missed. Not the site it used to be. Hope to meet you again at a trial sometime.
Jeff

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Give it so more thought before you leave permanently. Maybe just take a break and then come back.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I miss all those people you mentioned...alot...and now I have to miss you too! Well, that just doesn't seem fair...:( Dr. Ed...your advice has been invaluable to so many whether vet related, trial related, breed related. The whole forum is different now and has been..but Ken came back and Gooser too (that makes me glad)! I hope you will reconsider...at some point. Best to you and your wife. Health and Happiness...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hate to see you go, I don't post often but enjoy all the reads. Also miss reading Unca Jerry as well. Bought a trailer from him many many years ago and enjoyed the in person visit with him. I still have the trailer too.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wish you wouldn’t go but I understand. Thank you for all you’ve contributed over the years. I’ve learned a ton just by reading your posts. Your advice, wisdom, knowledge, experience will be sorely missed. Best wishes Doc!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Sorry to see you go but it's inevitable the site will be dead and buried and forgotten shortly. The new format is terrible. i haven't been here in a couple of weeks and not even missed it.
The last few years IMO there are more arm chair participants posting huge numbers of comments with little if any value to the performance aspect of the sport.
I'm right behind you.
MP

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Wish you would reconsider. When I see EDA I immediately go to it. It’s always the best.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Ed, you'd always try your best to answer our questions. You're a great person. Best of Luck!!!
I hope everybody comes out as Happy as I did from one of those medical procedure. :D

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Wish you would reconsider. When I see EDA I immediately go to it. It’s always the best.
Ditto. I'll miss your comments and advice more than you can possibly know, Dr. Ed.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts