RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I pick up my Grady pup BLM on Saturday! Super excited and ready to get the little guy home already. Coming up with a few call names such as Deak, Reload, Caliber, or Trigger (Trig). Breeder calls him a little pistol so thought about maybe going with that theme. Trying to fit "Grade" into the registration name somehow as well. Will upload a picture on Saturday!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congratulations! It's like Christmas morning for grown ups when you get a new puppy! For a name how about Reload Cut to Grade? Or Caliber Cut Above Grade?

·
Registered
59 Posts
With pistol as a nickname, why not colt or ruger?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Just an FYI , (I think) and slightly off topic, but when I was coming up with a name for my Grady pup , I went through all kinds of grades of meat etc. I did not decide on one of those for a name , but I asked the breeder of my pup if he knew why Gradys's name was what it was and it has NOTHING to do with Grade A Prime.;-) (which was one of my choices)

Chad Baker , care to share why Grady's name is what it is?

·
Registered
4,680 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
IT does !! I always thought it was Cut a Lean Grade of MEAT!! How many women think of bulldozers!

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
IT does !! I always thought it was Cut a Lean Grade of MEAT!! How many women think of bulldozers!
You should every time you drive down a road that has the bends properly graded, and road properly crowned.

Takes an eye (which I don't have) regards,

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a deposit on a Grady pup yet to whelp from a CNAFC dam. I plan on naming Hickory Withe's Cut above Grade with call name Rip or Hickory Withe's Dewey, Cheatam and Howe with call name Curly.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm lov'in my Grady pup.
Do we need to start our own club?;-)

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I think so !! I am having an affair with mine, 15 weeks old and his nickname is "Lovedog"

·
Registered
121 Posts
Got two :) Cajun Delta Brady - Brady (Black) and Grady Cut A Jagged Edge - Jagger (Yellow). Grady puppies have the most compatiable personalities and them boys can mark.
AND GIRLS :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I got a 15 week old Grady pup. The breeder called her Pippa Middleton because she had the cutest butt. The name stuck and it rolls off you tongue real easy.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Got two :) Cajun Delta Brady - Brady (Black) and Grady Cut A Jagged Edge - Jagger (Yellow). Grady puppies have the most compatiable personalities and them boys can mark.
AND GIRLS :)
I love mine too, but dont know yet how she marks. Shes still in her crate recovering from a TPLO surgery in December......:( I'm anxious to get her back into training but not rushing a thing, just doing walks on leash now until I get the ok from the surgeon, which Knock on wood, will be next week..... ugh 11 weeks and counting. She is tightly wound ,and being cooped up for this long has NOT HELPED! UGH!
Good thing I love her.....

·
Registered
201 Posts
I got a 15 week old Grady pup. The breeder called her Pippa Middleton because she had the cutest butt. The name stuck and it rolls off you tongue real easy.
You have Pippa? I'm pretty sure she's a littermate to my Floyd.
Family reunion time!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I pick up my Grady pup next week...cannot WAIT! Still haven't officially named him, but it appears his call name will be Koda.

Lookin forward to this....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts