RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As outdoorsmen with sons and daughters we get to experience many firsts and a lot a GREAT moments. I've seen my son bag his first duck, his first limit of ducks, first fish and the list goes on but not many experiences can top the feeling of when your son and his dog qualify at a hunt test.

This weekend my son and his little chocolate female had back to back qualifying scores in the AKC junior division hunt test put on by the Labrador Club of Southern California. My son not only ran his dog but he also worked the event, those of us that run these events know the stress this can add to the day and my son is only 16 and his dog is just turned 15 months.

There's are very few things that can top sitting at the awards ceremony and hearing your sons dogs name called and watching your son proudly and respectively go up, receive his ribbons and thank the judges. in addition you know your doing something right when the judges comes up to you and compliments your sons work ethic and tells him that he has " a superbly trained dog and that they can't wait to judge that dog in seniors and on to masters"

As we all know a lot of work goes into getting our dogs to be well trained hunting retrievers and we can never thank the people that help us enough. Good trainers are priceless and a good group of friends are worth their weight in gold! We are fortunate to have both, and an area were we can give our dogs what they need to thrive.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Tell your son CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is a big part of the future of this sport! Working and running is not an easy task! Double congrats!

BHB

·
Registered
946 Posts
Your son has a great work ethic that he gets from you and that is why he is so good with the dogs. And thank you for working and shooting all weekend in addition to letting us steal your son and having him work all weekend.

·
Registered
821 Posts
So glad to hear it! If I weren't quite so jet-lagged from arriving home after midnight (after the past week in Maryland) I would have been there Sunday to help out and do the WC! Will you guys be at the Flatcoat Club's hunt tests coming up? :) Julie

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your son has a great work ethic that he gets from you and that is why he is so good with the dogs. And thank you for working and shooting all weekend in addition to letting us steal your son and having him work all weekend.
Thank you Kelly,

Dawson and I are just happy to be able to help and give back a little.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So glad to hear it! If I weren't quite so jet-lagged from arriving home after midnight (after the past week in Maryland) I would have been there Sunday to help out and do the WC! Will you guys be at the Flatcoat Club's hunt tests coming up? :) Julie
We plan on being at the Flatcoats event. This well be nail biter due to the heat cycles of our pups, but even if we don't run we'll still be at the event.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts