RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Greatest All Age Dog

12K views 68 replies 40 participants last post by  Larry Thompson1 
#1 ·
I know this is wide open,who is the greatest all age dog in the history of this sport!!. Super Chief, Super Tanker ,Honcho ??
Dave Hare

#9 ·
8 words...
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

#15 ·
2XNAFC -3X CNFC- FC River Oaks Corky - 7 career Double headers wins

NAFC FC Trumarc's Zip Code -5 career Double header wins

NAFC FC Ray's Rascal - 5 career Double header wins

FC AFC Hiwood Piper - 4 career Double header wins, 16 AA wins in ONE SEASON

#52 ·
I say Auggie. He competed in a time when the quality of training was more consistent.
Could you expound on this? Now that we have several proven programs to teach ams to train, how would training in general have been more consistent years ago?:confused:

#22 ·
A lot of this is like asking if Babe Ruth would have hit as many homers against the pitchers of today? Competition is always evolving and getting better.

#30 ·
Like or or not, LeanMac's influence raised the bar of competition in field trials, and is the reason you don't have a walk away winner of FT and Nationals. When you look for greatest you also need to look for prepotency influence.

#25 ·
I know this is wide open,who is the greatest all age dog in the history of this sport!!. Super Chief, Super Tanker ,Honcho ??
Dave Hare
Dave (and others)

Can someone define what criteria should be considered?

- Pure number of total points
- Number of wins
- Number of double headers
- Number of National wins / finishes
- Number of times High Point Dog of the Year
- Number of titled offspring
- Points per trial

Lots to consider when trying to identify the "greatest".

#28 ·
I think it's a subjective question & it was intended as such. It's better that way, IMO, because it allows for a free dialogue & people get to voice their interpretation. IMO it's consistency 1st & foremost, then perhaps a National or 2 (A dog certaintly doesn't need a National to be one of, if not the best. There have been several phenomenal dogs that never won a National & Auggie had over 400 AA points in this day & time. That unheard of/insane. It's going to take a world beater to ever reach 200 AA points these days. Even that could certainly be out of the question.), & lastly what they produced.

#27 ·
Absolutely ZERO... Corky had 306.5 Open points and 199 Amateur points

His three CNFC's had nothing to do with his point total

#32 ·
i think when you take into account time lost for being in season and unable to compete, NAFC/FC Kannonball kate should get some consideration.

-5 double header wins
-qualified for 8 Nat'ls
-Natl Am win
-410.5 All Age points

not sure if she was ever bred. someone on here probably does, though.-Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.