RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rest in peace my friend
3/18/48 - 8/1/2022
Greg was part of my training group for about 30 years, he was a respected competitor and judge. He lurked around here for years and knew what was being discussed but never posted. His most recent dog AFC Simba’s Top Cat (Leo) will be 12 Monday. Greg was a good dude, an avid waterfowl hunter who ran a goose hunting guide service as a second business for a few years. He loved dogs, people, books, and Scotch whiskey, tip a toast to him tonight even though most of you didn’t know him you should have. 🥂

·
Registered
209 Posts
Rest in peace my friend
3/18/48 - 8/1/2022
Greg was part of my training group for about 30 years, he was a respected competitor and judge. He lurked around here for years and knew what was being discussed but never posted. His most recent dog AFC Samba’s Top Cat (Leo) will be 12 Monday. Greg was a good dude, an avid waterfowl hunter who ran a goose hunting guide service as a second business for a few years. He loved dogs, people, and Scotch whiskey, tip a toast to him tonight even though most of you didn’t know him you should have. 🥂
Greg got me into the HRC world in 1994, when he was President of the Lone Star HRC. At the time, his dog was HRCH Big Thickets Big Un, out of FC Westwinds Bold Tiger. I served as Lone Star VP under Greg, and then had to move on in 1997 because of work. Somewhere in there, Greg had me and some childhood friends out to the Spikebox Ranch for a goose hunt.

Fast forward to 2014, at which time I retired, moved back to Texas, and got my new puppy Annie (now 8 and QA2). I ran into Greg at the Red River Field trial, and he invited me to observe (ie throw birds) at a Pat Burns seminar held at Judy's property. Ed, you might remember me being there. Anyway, through someone at that seminar, I was introduced into my current training group.

I greatly enjoyed my renewed friendship with Greg over these past 8 years, visiting with him at the local trials.

Greg inadvertently called me a few months ago, and we enjoyed what would be our last conversation. I'm sure glad he did, as it had been a while since we had talked.

Greg was a character, very outgoing, and loved a good laugh. I will miss not seeing him.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I remember Greg, ran into him in Colorado, Texas and at other venues. Nice guy, very pleasant to be around. My condolences to his family and friends.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
As everyone has mentioned, Greg was a good man. Always upbeat with a smile on his face and willing to pitch in. It seems like yesterday when Greg got Leo as a puppy. It's hard to imagine him passing. Let's toast to him, when we meet in Colorado next month, Ed.

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
As everyone has mentioned, Greg was a good man. Always upbeat with a smile on his face and willing to pitch in. It seems like yesterday when Greg got Leo as a puppy. It's hard to imagine him passing. Let's toast to him, when we meet in Colorado next month, Ed.
He would and I will like that! Greg and I with our Tia sons (different sires) flanking Suzan Caire and Tia at a trial when her boys went 1-2 in the Amateur
Sky Jeans Dog Outerwear Carnivore

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There will be a memorial service for Greg Sunday August 28 in Argyle Texas time and exact location not finalized.
Also the family requests that expressions of sympathy be in the form of memorial donations in Greg’s memory to the Morris Animal Foundation or the AKC Canine Health Foundation

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rest in peace my friend
3/18/48 - 8/1/2022
Greg was part of my training group for about 30 years, he was a respected competitor and judge. He lurked around here for years and knew what was being discussed but never posted. His most recent dog AFC Simba’s Top Cat (Leo) will be 12 Monday. Greg was a good dude, an avid waterfowl hunter who ran a goose hunting guide service as a second business for a few years. He loved dogs, people, books, and Scotch whiskey, tip a toast to him tonight even though most of you didn’t know him you should have. 🥂
So sorry to hear the news. Greg was a solid citizen and followed the dog game for years. Enjoyed telling and listening to a good story.
Ed- thanks for posting.
Mark Rosenblum

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dog Dog breed Hat Carnivore Plant

Greg and Leo at the 2017 NARC

Reactions: pappy

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Greg Bradford

3/18/48 - 8/1/2022
Greg grew up around the oil fields in West Texas and NM. He graduated from the University of North Texas and worked in, owned, and operated several small businesses during his career. Greg was a pioneer of West Texas waterfowl hunting guide services in the late 1980s. He owned and operated a guide service for several years as a side business. Greg became involved in HRC hunt tests about 1990 and by the mid 90s had transitioned to AKC field trials. Greg always told a good story and the hunting guides nicknamed him TS for true story which was often the opening for one of his true stories. He was a respected competitor and judge, his more notable dogs Tupelo’s King George and most recently AFC Simba’s Top Cat (Leo). Greg was a good friend to many, an all around good dude who loved dogs, people, and Scotch whiskey. He is survived by wife Janie, daughter Ashley Nicholas, son-in-law Dustin Nicholas, nephew Adam Vaughn, and 4 grandchildren. He will be missed by many including the members of North Texas Retriever Club, Bluebonnet Retriever Club, and Piney Woods Retriever Club. Rest In Peace my friend.
The family requests that expressions of sympathy be made to The Morris Animal Foundation Retriever Friends's Fundraising Page for Morris Animal Foundation or The AKC Canine Health Foundation AKC Canine Health Foundation

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Great photo of Greg and Leo. Great obituary. He will be missed.

Reactions: DavidC

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

1 - 14 of 14 Posts