RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
So very sad. I was privileged to watch them run an HRC Finished test several years ago at Yankee Waterfowlers in CT. My heart goes out to Andy.

Dawn Terrill

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Condolences to Mr. Andy. I had the privilage to judge Andy and Boo once. Great team... Jim

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had the privilege to me Andy and Boo several time in New England at HRC HTs. So sorry for your loss Andy. Boo was a great dog and will be missed by all.

Wayne

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Very sad. Mr Andy sure loves his dogs.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
What a shame..

Condolences Mr Andy.

Gooser

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
this is so terribly sad to hear....Boo and Andy...a better team never set foot on this earth. Godspeed Boo, God keep you Andy and help you thru your loss of Boo....he was one of the BEST dogs that was ever put on this earth. Just sad that he couldn't stay here longer before God called him back. I feel honored to have watched you two in action. Those memories will always be with you.
Diane

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
Here is a photo of Andy and Boo at a Upland Hunt Test in 11/08. They had to withdraw because Boo had some kind of injury.

What a guy! What a dog!

Boo will be missed but is running full bore over the Rainbow Bridge.

Damn it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mr. Andy and Boo used to always be at The Charleston Retriever Club HRC tests. I got to know & learned a lot about Andy & Boo over the years, and was privelaged enough to hear a few of his stories, and they all were wonderful. He and Boo have run HRC in 49 states (Hawaii doesn't have one).

Most who know Mr. Andy knew that he was hard of hearing and that Boo was a 'Certified Hearing Dog'. Boo let Mr Andy know if the phone or doorbell rang, or if the fire alarm was triggered. Boo was an awesome companion & can never be replaced. I just hope Bunny knows what she is in for to take over.

My favorite quote from Mr. Andy was at SRS, "If a motel don't accept my dog - they don't accept ME!"

RIP Boo! A better team I have never met!

Tara

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
RIP Boo
Very sad news

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here is one from one of our Uplands one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about Boo I know Andy really loved her. I remember being the first one out in the morning to open the gate for the test grounds and Andy would be parked at the gate and he and Boo would be in the back of the truck under the camper shell curled up together sleeping. You couldn't find a nicer guy than Andy I wish him the best and RIP Boo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sad News, what a great team. I had the priviledge of watching Boo and Andy a number of times while they ran in New England. Andy you are in my thoughs. I started feeding my dogs table scraps after Andy explained to our region 2 rep that feeding table scraps was a way to avoid cast refusals

·
Registered
190 Posts
We were just talking about Andy and Boo this weekend, remembering the team work and love between the two. They were true ambassadors for the sport, traveling to every state where HRC tests were held. Our hearts go out to you, Andy. Rest well, sweet Darling Boo.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Very privileged to have judged Boo a couple of times and just being around that dog/handler team was humbling. Rest easy wonderful girl.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Andy: We are very sorry to hear about your loss.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
oh no........Godspeed Boo-you were a wonderful dog. My deepest condolences Mr. Andy, how blessed you were to have each other.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I had the privilege to judge Andy and Boo many times. I had the double privilege of having Andy and Boo on the working bucket and Ellis and Jimbo on the honor bucket at the same time when both earned their 4000th HRC point. I learned a lot from watching Andy about handling. Boo was the best dog anyone could ever wish for. Rest in Peace old girl.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts