RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed there servo on there gunners up winger?

Had problems with my winger today and I have narrowed it down to the servo..
Sent the wife to the hobby shot and she came back with a new servo with 3 wires like on the bumper boys. The gunners up servo has just two (2) wires will this new servo work??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
The 3rd wire might be for steering. I just went to replace mine and the hobby shop man told me to just change the gears because he didin't know if the 3 wire system would work right on a 2 wire deal. If the servo is locking up its probably the gears.
It was way cheaper too. It was simple just remember what gear goes where:)

Pete

·
Registered
30 Posts
That is what I did to fix mine .....just put the new gears in the old servo and you should be fine

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Have you spoke with Gunner's Up. Thought my servo was going out, but depending on the age of winger, if the wire connection is black and red I had to remove the connection and hard wire the wires together because the connection was decayed.

GU if very helpful

·
Registered
400 Posts
You might check the wiring in the old servo. The solder on mine came undone and I just had to repair it. Works good now.

Russell

·
Registered
63 Posts
Take new servo apart, break and remove board. Remove board from motor with soldering iron. Wire two wires directly to motor. Be careful putting servo back together, easy for the gears to move And strip in process. I think GU has a capacitor in theirs. You can take apart old servo and reuse it on new.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Take new servo apart, break and remove board. Remove board from motor with soldering iron. Wire two wires directly to motor. Be careful putting servo back together, easy for the gears to move And strip in process. I think GU has a capacitor in theirs. You can take apart old servo and reuse it on new.
Or, as an alternative to this, just buy the GU servo and install it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
have you tried lubicating servo. mine gets gummed up sometimes and with some wd40, they are back to new. i would just buy parts from gunner's up. great customer service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts