RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever use these? They have a nice $, but I don't know anyone who has tried them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use them all the time and love them especially for the money. Sometimes I will use the dokken wood ducks and you will get a little better mark.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use them all the time and love them especially for the money. Sometimes I will use the dokken wood ducks and you will get a little better mark.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My brother has them and has had a lot of problems from bad releases to falty wiring. When I was looking for wingers he told me not to get them! I bought the zinger winger 2s. they cost about $100 more but out of the box they work. No problems at all. Most of all no wasted time in the field. The throw is about 40 yards with a dokken duck.

·
Registered
461 Posts
NO BS Scoop on Gunners Up Wingers

Bad Bull Gator,

When you get a chance, scroll down and read the post titled "No Bs Scoop on GU Wingers".

We have a 30 day money back guarantee and you want have to settle for a #2 or Mini or any of that other stuff.

Take Care and Good Training.

Rich Davis
Gunners Up

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Hey Rich Davis,

I've been looking at your website product page http://www.gunnersup.com/products.htm
for a few months now. You still have the old trigger pictured with the gunners up on that page. When will you have a picture of the new trigger?

If I bought one today, would it have the new trigger and would the pulleys work? Does it still have a shot?

A guy I train with has one and he hasn't changed out the trigger as he says he won't get a shot with the new trigger and he likes the shot. His pulleys are horrible.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have one and it works well. There originally was a release problem, but it was fixed with a free upgrade. I highly recommend them and am planning to buy one or two more soon.

Dan Rice

·
Registered
461 Posts
To Howard

Howard,

Every unit we ship today has the new servo release and upgraded pulleys.
When loaded correctly, it will fire the primer everytime. I think hands down, we have the finest launcher availible to trainers today regardless of price and I know we have the best customer service bar none.

As a company we have evolved and our products have as well. When we introduced our new release I didn't think it was fair to penalize the folks who were our early supporters. Solution, offer the upgrade free of charge and believe you me that wasn't a cheap proposition but I slept well at night knowing we had done the right thing.

We now recieve inquires everday from folks wanting to know if our release is compatible with our competitions product and I think that speaks vollumes and that's all I have to say about that.

Take care and good training!

Rich
RIch

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Re: To Howard

Gunners Up said:
I think hands down, we have the finest launcher availible to trainers today regardless of price and I know we have the best customer service bar none.
I'll ditto that. The customer service always has been great. Now, with the new releases, they operate flawlessly. In my opinion, the best winger on the market. I have 4. Plan to get more.
:D

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I was leaning towards the zingers, but I am not sure now, I like them but I could get three of these for the price of two zingers.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I could get three of these for the price of two zingers.
That's what I'm thinking but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Rich, Gunners Up

What did you replace your original pulley's with? Did you go with an American made National type. Thanks Dave.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Howard N said:
Hey Rich Davis,

I've been looking at your website product page http://www.gunnersup.com/products.htm
for a few months now. You still have the old trigger pictured with the gunners up on that page. When will you have a picture of the new trigger?

If I bought one today, would it have the new trigger and would the pulleys work? Does it still have a shot?

A guy I train with has one and he hasn't changed out the trigger as he says he won't get a shot with the new trigger and he likes the shot. His pulleys are horrible.
I got three a couple months back - working great, except don't use bumpers with long ropes on them :oops: the ropes can get tangled on the way ou and "flop" rather than fly! They toss a duck/pheasant nicely! You do get a shot with the "new" releases!

Lainee, Flash and Bullet

·
Registered
86 Posts
Gunner up winger

Seems to me every one is telling about problems they have incountered do you want to be next?. Go with the zinger winger. I bought and old style a few months ago and it still works great. (the unit has to be 5 years old).tried tested and true.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Re: Gunner up winger

Mario Monico said:
Seems to me every one is telling about problems they have incountered do you want to be next?. Go with the zinger winger. I bought and old style a few months ago and it still works great. (the unit has to be 5 years old).tried tested and true.
In the club i belong to we have both ZW and GUs and all I can say is you don't see a lick of difference, but I do know I saved some serious cash and that allowed me to get three rather than two wingers!

Also have to say Rich at GU is on top of it - friendly even if its the customer making the bone head mistake! :oops: Can't be beat.

I used my GUs the other day to toss a piegon and I was able to put the bird where I wanted with the type of throw I wanted each and everytime. I've used ducks, pheasants, now pigeons, bumpers, and dokkens in the GUs and they give me a "perfect" throw each time. Easy to setup. Easy to operate. I like them so much that I'm looking at getting three more.

How's that for positive feedback?! :wink:

FOM

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've purchased two when they first came out, and all I can say is that the GU's were by far the worst purchase I've made in dog training. From the time they were delivered one had a release that was broke, then a hook, release firing problem, pulleys, nuts UN-threading and more that I can't think of right now. Will say this though..Rich will take care of the problems,but why not fix them before putting on the market! When having the release problem he said they test every one 10x before shipping.....well I use mine more then that in one training session, so not sure what that's going to show ya.
Have heard people mentioned the good and bad about this product, but the only thing bad about Zingers are the price. If I had to do it all over again...Zinger!!!! Lost too much training time with the GU's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will be honest when I first got my GU I had problems with them not firing all the time,I would get to the field setup, get dog out go to the line push button and nothing next one nothing. It was very frustrating BUT since I have recieved my new releases not even one missfire. Train with lots of people who use them and have not heard one complaint or experienced one missfire. I plan to purchase more as soon as possible.
Just my two cents.

Cody.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We have about 17 Gunner's Up Wingers in use right now between three trainers. They get abused everyday and we have yet to have one not fire.

Richard has worked out the kinks he initially had. Nothing but good with these wingers now.

Can't beat them for the price.

I highly recommend them.

By the way, we also have three Zingers and the Gunner's Up throw just as far and high as the Zinger's for less.

Keith

1 - 20 of 86 Posts