RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hank progressing to phase 2 of 8 handed casting. This is where when the dog picks up a bumper it is put back and you move to the next one.

So you say that was only six hand casting. So here's the other two casts. Angle ins.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Come on Wayne, you forgot to replace the right angle back bumper.......your slipping!! Just kidding! Very nice job with Hank (by Pirate)!

Thanks for posting all the videos!

Chris

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for the video. What age is Hank?

I am training my first lab (I have had several over the years but never trained them beyond obedience). I have been using Dokken's book, and up to now (age 5 months) all I have been doing is casting right and left, without a bumper and only 10-15 feet between platforms. I clearly have some work to do over the coming months.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Chris, You had me for a minute. I had to go back and review the video. I did put the right angle back out.
Hank is a little older than most dogs at this stage. He is about 17 months. He has had some significant health issues that we had to deal with along the way. Knees and neck that took about about 5-6 months recovery time. As you can see he is fully recovered now and doing great. But it takes what it takes, so don't be in a hurry to meet an artifical time table.

Does anyone remember the former member that swore the angle ins (multiple toots on the whistle) were a hunt'em up command? He had apparently seen this at an SRS event and could not be convinced that it was just an angle in cast.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Can't change some people's mind Wayne, they know it all already and don't confuse them with facts. ;)

It was the straight right back you didn't replace but who's counting? :p

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, you're right Howard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts