RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to all & Paul.
Going to the in-laws for dinner. MiL started cooking the turkey yesterday morning, I am not joking. Think I will have a late breakfast. A dozen eggs and half a pound of bacon sounds good.

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
17,194 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
OK, then.....144 sourpusses. Maybe their Turkey was overdone? :unsure:
I didn't notice any sourpusses yesterday at dinner but there may have been a few. I tend not to notice or care when people choose to pout.
The turkey was overdone, two times, before it got to the table. I didn't eat any, didn't care and never complain about anyone's cooking unless I am paying for it, usually not even then.

·
Registered
10,113 Posts
I didn't notice any sourpusses yesterday at dinner but there may have been a few. I tend not to notice or care when people choose to pout.
The turkey was overdone, two times, before it got to the table. I didn't eat any, didn't care and never complain about anyone's cooking unless I am paying for it, usually not even then.
My solution to turkey over done or not is choose one (rack of lamb, beef tenderloin roast, or standing rib roast) medium rare. Only a few people at our table yesterday, all happy to be alive and enjoying a lovely meal of rack of lamb, garlic mashed potatoes, and roasted asparagus.

·
Registered
12,695 Posts
Hope everyone had a safe and happy day.
And if you chose to go shopping today also safe and happy. The traditional turkey dinner is difficult for many. Who only prepare it once a year. With a kitchen with 1 oven. So many sides with different cooking times and temperatures and the pesky aunt bringing something to just warm up. But gravy covers many sins.
Personally, as I believe the original Thanksgiving centered around venison and succotash I've spent the last couple days following this chubby feller.
Flash photography Style Fawn Deer Terrestrial animal

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
My solution to turkey over done or not is choose one (rack of lamb, beef tenderloin roast, or standing rib roast) medium rare.
All better choices than turkey no matter how it's cooked IMO. Actually never had rack of lamb but it has to be better than turkey.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hopefully, all mothers-in-law, wives, and aunts will spend next Thanksgiving pheasant/duck hunting, or at a spa, or shopping on Rodeo Drive, or driving to a field trial/hunt test while those who want a Thanksgiving feast cook it themselves.

Whooo-hoo to the end of the gravy train! Happy belated Thanksgiving to all!

·
Registered
9,636 Posts
Actually never had rack of lamb but it has to be better than turkey.
If you've ever cleaned a sheep barn on a hot muggy day you will never consider mutton as a food.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts