RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Wayne Dotson won the (Open) National in 2006 with Copper a yellow female. It was the last National to be held at Busch WMA near St. Louis.

Speaking of yellow, a very cool story regarding the National Amateur happened in 2012 when Chad Baker won the National Amateur with yellow male lab "Trav" (NAFC Paddlecreek's Pack your Grip).
The cool part is that Chad also won the National Amateur in 2011 with the sire of ''Trav", a dog some have heard of named "Grady" (NAFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade).

There is an error on this link: https://www.theretrievernews.com/national-amateur-champion-winners.html Traveler is/was yellow, not black as shown here.

There are other yellows who have won the National Amateur. At least one when Jeff Talley won with Cutter.

Chris

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am rooting for Camo in this national. His parentage is hunt test dogs. I believe he is the only dog running with no FT titled parents (at least one with FC or AFC).
I'm rooting for Camo too!! I'm his breeder, his full brother is sleeping on the floor right next to me. You are correct that neither of his parents have field trial titles but they do have hunt test titles GRHRCH UH CPR x HRCH UH. His mom comes from field trial lines but his sire is mostly hunt test. Come on Camo man!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Are there any good yellow lab breeding out there?

I have always had yellows, but it has been increasingly hard to find good ones. Will be in the market for next summer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts