RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
2006 NRC FC-AFC Dr. Chopper PhD YLF
I believe it was Dr Copper {not chopper} Phd.
That was in 2006 and was the last National held at Busch
As I recall Wayne and Copper had failed an early series and were headed home until they got a reprieve when the series got scrapped
Chopper was the winner the previous year, and was in good shape for a repeat, until he had a few no birds in later series of the 2006 National

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
I believe it was Dr Copper {not chopper} Phd.
That was in 2006 and was the last National held at Busch
As I recall Wayne and Copper had failed an early series and were headed home until they got a reprieve when the series got scrapped
Chopper was the winner the previous year, and was in good shape for a repeat, until he had a few no birds in later series of the 2006 National
Sorry for spelling error and I am a founding member of the RTF spelling police 😳. I certainly know the difference between 2005 NFC Clubmead’s Road Warrior and 2006 NFC Dr Copper PhD
Hell, I even know Stu Mead

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
2004 NFC AFC Dewey's Drake of Moon River
Talking with Gary last summer in Minnesota, he told a story about seeing some folks training dogs while he was driving by. He said he pulled in to hang out and talk a bit. There was a young boy there, and Gary told him to grab that yellow dog out of his truck and run him on the setup. Gary said Drake was perfect for the kid. When he got done talking, he just put Drake up and drove off. Never told anyone the kid just ran a National Champion.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Talking with Gary last summer in Minnesota, he told a story about seeing some folks training dogs while he was driving by. He said he pulled in to hang out and talk a bit. There was a young boy there, and Gary told him to grab that yellow dog out of his truck and run him on the setup. Gary said Drake was perfect for the kid. When he got done talking, he just put Drake up and drove off. Never told anyone the kid just ran a National Champion.
That stuff right there is Awesome!!!

·
Registered
10,112 Posts

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
Did you see shoe win with the yellow? 1967? Or something like that without looking
I was in my third year of college and had no knowledge or interest in retriever field trials. I did know his ex wife Joanie who was a lovely classy woman. He on the other hand was rather crude and unsophisticated and most wondered what she found attractive in his bad boy mage.

·
Registered
10,112 Posts
I was in my third year of college and had no knowledge or interest in retriever field trials. I did know his ex wife Joanie who was a lovely classy woman. He on the other hand was rather crude and unsophisticated and most wondered what she found attractive in his bad boy mage.
Among those of us who had regular interactions with the above mentioned, neither enjoyed the reputation
you describe. The stories are numerous, some quite entertaining in both cases.

Joan did try to buy Sparkle, Carbon's dam, early in her Derby career for what was considered a substantial
amount. Sparkle would have enjoyed a much better competitive career but those of us around here who knew
Sparkle well would have missed out on the many females with Sparkle in the line that now exhibit her traits.

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
Among those of us who had regular interactions with the above mentioned, neither enjoyed the reputation
you describe. The stories are numerous, some quite entertaining in both cases.

Joan did try to buy Sparkle, Carbon's dam, early in her Derby career for what was considered a substantial
amount. Sparkle would have enjoyed a much better competitive career but those of us around here who knew
Sparkle well would have missed out on the many females with Sparkle in the line that now exhibit her traits.
I did not know him, just reported what others said. I did know her but not well, just interacting at Nationals, she was always charming in my presence and others thought so too.

·
Registered
10,112 Posts
I did not know him, just reported what others said. I did know her but not well, just interacting at Nationals, she was always charming in my presence and others thought so too.
Paul was an improvement over her 1st hubby Tedrowe. Joan was a proper Boston babe,
her father was big in advertising. The NWRC was full of people like her, Heneghan being
the lone exception.
If you look at Entry Express you will notice that Northwest Retriever Club is not a participant.
That is due to the way they ran the club. When I was President of the club, a good friend of
mine told me & I agreed with him: If they could have gotten anyone else to be President they
would have done so. The club was heading downhill when I asked you to judge. Fortunately
things were still going well when you came & you had a really good trial.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You didn't know the man well. I was next to his bedside the week of his passing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Paul was an improvement over her 1st hubby Tedrowe. Joan was a proper Boston babe,
her father was big in advertising. The NWRC was full of people like her, Heneghan being
the lone exception.
If you look at Entry Express you will notice that Northwest Retriever Club is not a participant.
That is due to the way they ran the club. When I was President of the club, a good friend of
mine told me & I agreed with him: If they could have gotten anyone else to be President they
would have done so. The club was heading downhill when I asked you to judge. Fortunately
things were still going well when you came & you had a really good trial.
The club tried to ban me and Gonia. That was humorous. They lost a few members and board members in the process.

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
Billy won with Yankee Independence a yellow female in 1987

21 - 38 of 38 Posts