RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
What happened to the guy in the drag car, that looks nasty!!!!
Dave Hare

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was pretty bad but having a drag strip and two circle tracks in the town we got used to bad wrecks. I intubated this guy while he was still in car. I am on the left

·
Registered
658 Posts
I lived that life for 29 years and it was fun the whole time, I had a younger fireman ask me today if missed it after being retired for two years. Nope, but I have noticed that since retiring that I don't have time to fish anymore. Pretty strange when you think about it...

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With 5 kids, going to the station every third day is a vacation. Lol. I am off right now from recent back surgery but still go to station and cook for guys often.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Great job,I'm sure he needed some air after that wild ride.
Dave Hare

·
Registered
2,179 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our engineer has a camera and takes pics once he has established our water supply. Engineers are the busiest guy on the scene for the first 5 minutes then has a few min to relax while he is watching the water pressure gauges.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I lived that life for 29 years and it was fun the whole time, I had a younger fireman ask me today if missed it after being retired for two years. Nope, but I have noticed that since retiring that I don't have time to fish anymore. Pretty strange when you think about it...
Same here, 30 years in Houston. It was fun for the first 20 years but the last 10 with the administrations in place were mostly about survival.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I did it for 2 year paid and was a jolly volley for 4 years. Loved every minuite of it. I miss it everyday, espeically the house fires and extracations.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was a volly for about 5 years. Then I moved and went to nursing school. Know my schedule is so sporadic that I do not dare and try and volunteer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just passed the 30 year mark, worked four different fulltime departments. I probably retire in a couple years, it's a young mans game. After the adrenaline (sp) goes away you just worry alot on the bigger incidents.

Nice that you stop and cook for the guys. Back in the day I used to eat lunch with the other shifts. Or should I say "dinner" since it was in Texas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts