RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5yo CLF is fine in all regards; but I have a question about this.................................The last 2 calendar years; 2021 and now 2022 she's come into season 3 times each........................February, then late June/July, and then late October/November. Started spotting today. What y'all think???

Please reply.

· Registered
11,077 Posts
My 5yo CLF is fine in all regards; but I have a question about this.................................The last 2 calendar years; 2021 and now 2022 she's come into season 3 times each........................February, then late June/July, and then late October/November. Started spotting today. What y'all think???

Please reply.
If I am understanding the intervals correctly she cycles three times in 12 months?

· Registered
7,808 Posts
There are some individual females that come in every 4 months although I never had any that did it regularly.

· Registered
11,077 Posts
Other than the PITA of having to scratch her from hunt tests; no, not objectionable. I may breed her.
Problem solved, too bad you got the rare short interestrus cycler but if you breed her that might reset things.

Reactions: dorkweed

· Registered
4,862 Posts
Will having a litter change the cycle interval?

· Registered
3,823 Posts
I had one that would cycle shortly, never could have a litter. Her estrogen levels were way out of wack, still took a while to figure it all out. Finally went to a Repro vet (board certifided) said that the short cycles didn't allow enough time for the uterine lining to recover to be able to support a pregnancy. If you are planning on breeding, I would talk to a repro vet now and get the estrogen readings done, no sense in keeping having seasons if the dog is unable to reproduce. Dog and yourself might be much happier, getting a spay done; overall

1 - 15 of 15 Posts