RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those in the paths of the heat wave (s), please take of yourself and your dogs.

I hope this passes quickly.

WRL

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
My dogs suffer in this. I walk them early in the morning or late in the evening to minimize problems. We expect near 100 Deg today.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
We've near record highs since March,and its only getting worse,water temps are up to where the dog is hot to the touch when coming back from water work.I keep an industrial fan on the dogs during the heat of the day or bring them in if I cant work them that day.I think the heat is harder on them if they are in the AC all day then took outside to train.

G

·
We are running 115. Transformer blew yesterday we were without power for 6 hours we took dog and drove around for 3 hours finally got power at 9 last night

·
Administrator
3,872 Posts
No training being done here. Even early in the morning, the heat & humidity are horrible. Just not willing to take a chance with the dogs. We're suppose to get a break in the high temps over the weekend. I've got ceiling fans and 3 large barrel fans running in the kennel. The dogs are going out to air and wanting back into the kennel as soon as they finish.

Sure hope this isn't a sign of what to expect in the next few coming months :(

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Long Island Sound in the afternoon and just fun and a few drills until heat wave passes.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Reloading until the heat passes.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Running early in the morning and not long. Few marks a day and a little blind work then hang out in AC the rest the day

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Ya'll need to come out to the NW.Todays report from NOAA: Today: Rain, mainly after 11am. High near 65. West wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Going training in about an hour.

Keep safe

Webbed feet regards from the wetside,

Jeff

·
Banned
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya'll need to come out to the NW.Todays report from NOAA: Today: Rain, mainly after 11am. High near 65. West wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Going training in about an hour.

Keep safe

Webbed feet regards from the wetside,

Jeff
Yeah well, in this Pac NW, it was 93 deg yesterday and 90 today.......this does not make me happy but its only a couple days in a row so far.

WRL

·
Registered
882 Posts
Gonna be near to 100 here for the next week. Trap goes out before work for his walk and some fun retrieves and again at dark.
He has become quite the good dog.we leave him in the house all day now and he has had no accidents. Last Saturday, he did get the white direct tv remote, but his bumpers are long and white too, so i could say anything. Other than that my boy is gonna stay in a/c comfort.
Best wish's to you all.
This is why i wanted a yellow lab. The sun is brutal here, and i feel a black heats up too much.
The garden is doing well tho. Thanks to irrigation water from the ditch. Now if i can just keep the crayfish from plugging up my hose.

G

·
That's why we went with yellows . It's 110 and half the day my yellow lab is laying in the sun, he started doing this as he got older. My blacks wouldnt go out all day.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
My hubby and I have grown tired of the miserable heat and humidity in Iowa...not to mention the days of below zero in the winter. Tired of being held hostage in our house for weeks on end with the heat index.

That's why we just made an offer on some land in Eastern WA!! Will be spending summers there until we can build.

Meredith

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Yeah well, in this Pac NW, it was 93 deg yesterday and 90 today.......this does not make me happy but its only a couple days in a row so far.

WRL
Those are cool days for us ! A 90 degree day here is pretty good and usually welcomed. Today we really froze- it never hit 70 I bet and we actually had a little tiny bit of that wet stuff fall out of the sky. We are LOVIN' this! Keep sending it our way will ya, Alaska and Washington. !

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
My hubby and I have grown tired of the miserable heat and humidity in Iowa...not to mention the days of below zero in the winter. Tired of being held hostage in our house for weeks on end with the heat index.

That's why we just made an offer on some land in Eastern WA!! Will be spending summers there until we can build.

Meredith
Where in Eastern WA??

Smokin' hot here today. Got all the way up to 86. Down to 82 now though ;)

I'm sure you know this but you don't want to be here in the winter if you're tired of cold winters. And summer lasts about 8 weeks. :rolleyes: Been cool and rainy up until a week ago. Other than that, it's great!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Chewelah. cool and rainy beats 90 with a heat index of 102.

Hubby loves to ski, so snow is a good thing. Your average lows are substantially warmer than ours too! If it gets too bad, we can always load up the travel trailer and head south.

Meredith

·
Banned
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chewelah. cool and rainy beats 90 with a heat index of 102.

Hubby loves to ski, so snow is a good thing. Your average lows are substantially warmer than ours too! If it gets too bad, we can always load up the travel trailer and head south.

Meredith
Chewelah's a pretty cool little town.

With Mark's place right there, you will have some very nice training grounds in your back pocket and some very active dog folks.

Are you getting a place in town or out of town aways?

WRL

·
Registered
163 Posts
mwk56,
I'm in envy, you're gonna love Chewelah, what a great place.
So, you have any plans for a bunkhouse, I'm really good at throwing birds.
Westsider....... LOL

1 - 20 of 44 Posts