RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, I just got a Boykin spaniel puppy 2 weeks ago and I'm looking for someone in or near the Charleston area that can help with retriever training. This is my first dog that I plan on using as a gun dog and I would really like to be able to find someone that I can work with personally and don't have to send my dog off to for months. If anybody knows about any trainers in the area (or a reasonable drive away) that works with you and your dog please let me know. My personal email is [email protected], thanks for any advice in advance.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Check out Charleson Retriever Club. Thad Werts or Chris Rosier are the Pres and VP. Good guys that would be able to point you in the right direction and maybe get you involved with their training groups.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I second the Charleston Retriever Club. Bunch of good guys. If you get a chance, come up to the Clinton House this weekend. You'll meet a bunch of folks. I think there will be a bunch of Boykin Folks there to meet.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Like mentioned above check out the Charleston Retriever Club (CRC). I am also a member. If you are free on March 16& 17 we are holding our spring hunt test at Camp Woodie in Pinewood, SC. Come on out!!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Gene Putnam at Rivers Turn Kennel in Orangeburg is a Retriever trainer who specializes in Spaniels. He has trained a bunch of the good Boykins and he's trained every AWS, currently, with an HRCH title. Like CanAmMan said, come out to our hunt test at Camp Woody; Gene will be there running dogs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Second Gene Putnam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts