RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am a first time poster. I have a 1 year old black female lab that I have been training. She has a great bloodline and for her first year duck hunting she picked up over 100 birds. She is a high energy dog which is a problem for me while all the previous dogs I've had were bigger laid back dogs. I would love to send her to a trainer but just can't afford it. She is to the point where she knows all the obedience commands, she just don't obey them. I am in the process of getting a tri tonics sport collar with the tri tonics book. I train with her everyday to make sure she gets her exercise I just really wish I could get some advice from a more experienced trannier. Thanks and I'll be checking back shortly.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Is there an HRC or AKC club in your area? I would contact them as there may be people who are training close to your location and would be willing to have you join their training group.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Theres tons of guys from LA on here so I've no doubt you'll have loads of help finding a HRC club and training buddies, but as for the obedience, keep her on a short leash and enforce the commands, up hold a strict standard of behavior

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bring her to the pond
1. Basic obedience sit,heel and extended sit for stay
2. Throw 2 bumpers out 1 to the left of a line of Lillie's 1 to the right. She then Goes get the right one heels then I send her off to get the one on the left.
3. Give her a few fun bumpers
4. Pile work. Usually use an L pattern putting a bumper on the ends of the L i then go to the bottom left of the L I send her back she gets one then gets the other.
5. Finish it with some fun bumpers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks for your reply. I've found a website for a local hrc but it isn't up to date. What benefits would I have joining this club? Is there like meetings, seminars ....etc. thanks in advance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts