RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am fairly new to this game ( have played the FT and HT game for about 10 years now) but am sort of hooked on this as well. What I am looking for is some fairly cheap equipment to get help get started. I have been watching ebay and googling at least once a week looking for used scent articles. Mostly all I have seen is small ones (somehow I think my lab and chessy would think they are cookies!). Do any of you have any thoughts or some old ones you would like to sell? I can make jumps and such from PVC.

Any help you could give me I would appreciate.

KC

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
FetchExpress said:
Hi

I am fairly new to this game ( have played the FT and HT game for about 10 years now) but am sort of hooked on this as well. What I am looking for is some fairly cheap equipment to get help get started. I have been watching ebay and googling at least once a week looking for used scent articles. Mostly all I have seen is small ones (somehow I think my lab and chessy would think they are cookies!). Do any of you have any thoughts or some old ones you would like to sell? I can make jumps and such from PVC.

Any help you could give me I would appreciate.

KC
I know someone with a few extra sets of scent articles who would sell some. Send me a pm with your contact info and I will forward it to her. You might also consider joining the obed-comp and front and finish mailing lists.

Jeff

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have seen some people use canning jar lids and leather rings for their articles. They do not have to be bought scent articles. I have heard of someone who used baby shoes years ago though I never saw them used in the ring.

Carol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sound familar got in to OB game due long winters and no birds...

You can train with canning lids but for competiton the "real" scent articles are used, they are spendy.

Go to "J & J Supply for that type of equipment, they also sell pvc OB jumps. I used the pictures to build my own pvc jumps.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
make your own

·
Registered
53 Posts
cloudsandcompany.com offers one of the best prices for articles I have ever found. They are just as nice as the ones from Max200 or J&J.

·
Registered
238 Posts
There used to be a guy in our area that used crumpled up beer cans as his metal articles. It was a little funny to watch but the dog didn't seem to mind. As long as they are raised up enough off of the ground that the dog could cleanly pick them up. Leather gloves would work for leather I think. They do have to be numbered though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts