RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I sit here, I'm looking at temp. outside(I just came in about 1hr. ago).
It's -15 WITHOUT the darn ol' windchill. :evil: :evil:

Good Grief :roll:
Signed,
Shivering in the North!!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
It was -18 F. yesterday at the Denver airport and we had 60 mph gusts the day before. The snow total for the season is over 5 feet where I live. We haven't been able to train for over 6 weeks due to the ice and snow pack.
It must be worse some place, maybe Siberia or Alaska. I'm looking forward to my trip to California in two weeks.

California Deamin'

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
It's about -9 F here right now. Friday night it was around -18 F. Yesterday I was out running blinds in -8 F temps. Oh what fun!

·
Administrator
3,871 Posts
Here in Maryland, we're at 11 degrees with windchills of -10 due to the high winds. I'm just not good at dealing with these kind of temps. We're not suppose to get above freezing all week....well, not until Friday when the temp is suppose to get to 33 degrees. :(

The dogs don't understand why I keep bringing them back into the house or kennel since they are used to training or being out in the airing yards.

And, of course when the weather is the coldest, I've got to go meet the equine vet as one of the horses is sick. The farm where I keep my horses is one top of a large knoll so the wind is always worse there. :( (Makes it nice in the heat of the summer to always have a breeze, but I'm dreading going there in these temps & wind!!!)

My hat is off to all of our RTF members who live further north and deal with these conditions all the time!!!!

Looking to move further south regards,
Vicky

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
It's cold here too. High temp was about 7 today with a windchill of about 25 below. No end in sight to the cold temps. Only good news is that no major snow storms are on the way.

The dog yard is fenced with 6 foot privacy fence so that helps block the wind some. Jaxxy and Graham are out in the cold playing now - the rest of the dogs are inside. If Graham did not get his play time outside he would be a handful and a half to have loose in the house. Kind of like Jack Nicholson in the Shining!! :wink:

Here's Grahamy regards,

Andy

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
It was a bone chilling 64 for a high today. 44 or so for the low. I have the heat on in the house and truck :wink:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
badbullgator said:
It was a bone chilling 64 for a high today. 44 or so for the low. I have the heat on in the house and truck :wink:
That sounds waaaaay too cold. It was a nippy 71 here yesterday, but a somewhat more reasonable 76 today. Nights are brutal, though...we were all the way down to 52 last night.

Ok...now I bobbin' & weavin' to dodge those bullets that are sure to come from the north and east! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
It only got up into the mid 50's today. I'm starting to worry about all the azaleas and shrimp plants that are blooming in my yard. If it stays cold like this, the flowers will eventually fall off.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, and all of us popsicles up here are as worried about your what plants.....?? :roll:
Just kidding. Send some warm weather this way PLEASE!!!!!!!! :D
Wwwaaaaayyy tttoooo cccooold!!!!!!!
Brrrrrrr.
Sue

·
Registered
232 Posts
Heck.." azaleas and shrimp plants " won't even grow up here in the warmest of our weather.

So darn cold up here today....the rabbits are eating the bark off the the trunks of fruit trees and bush's.

So how cold is it :?:

Ever notice "blue" urine in the snow where rabbits have been? That happens when the rabbits start breaking down their own muscle (protein) to keep warm, when their fat reserves are gone. Lots of blue spots in the snow this morning.

Who ever coined the saying "breeding like rabbits" sure knew what they where talking about :!: The beagle Club would have a field day out here.

Frostbit reguards

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
badbullgator said:
I had to wear a jacket when I went out to air the dogs this morning in my shorts. It is supposed to be about 75 degrees for a high for this weekend's hunt test. 50's for the low. BRRRRRRRRRRRR

·
Registered
371 Posts
Big Falls, Minnesota just north of Bemidji. -40 below yesterday morning.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Those temps are one of the reasons I moved to Texas. It was 72 today. Which is not normal for February in Texas. But I'll take it. :lol:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The highs have plummeted 27 degrees since Monday. We are down to a chilly 63 degrees.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At noon today,Channel 2 meterologist says that we are in a heat wave now with temps. near 15 degrees with the windchill only in the single (-) :shock:
:roll:
Bet ya all wish ya was here! :wink:
Sue

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
I just saw on MSNBC front page that up state New York will end up with 100 inches of snow before it stops falling this weekend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts