RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my pup sophie got into the wifes pills i gave her peroxcide and she threw up quite a bit she seems fine anyone know of anything esle i should do or watch for

·
Registered
513 Posts
24/7 Animal Poison Control Center

800-213-6680

There is a $39 per incident fee, payable by credit card. This fee covers the initial consultation as well as all follow-up calls associated with the management of the case. I've used them...they are very knowledgeable and good to work with. Their website is http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i called poison control they told me about the peroxcide she seems fine she is playin and actin normal you think she will be ok till mornin to get her to the vet

·
Registered
166 Posts
The issue is that you need to know how much of the drug was ingested. Although the dog vomited you don't know how much came up ans how much is still there. Depending on a number of factors kidney damage could occur along with other health concerns. Better safe than sorry.

I have been in your shoes. I headed straight to the emergency vet for activated charcoal and an iv to flush the kidneys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts