RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Boykin Puppy- He's Finally Home!

After much waiting we finally brought our puppy home tonight. I'm sure I'll be posting other pictures later, this was the only second he has been still all night!

Sire is GRHRCH UH Saint Thomas Chief MH
Dam is HR Bryan's Santee Delta Sunrise

This little guy is Chief's Santee Kona Bean (We'll add the GRHRCH later!)

Excited to have him home and get to work!

·
Registered
8,645 Posts
What a beautiful face and expression! I just know you are going to have fun with this one!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Carol, we can tells he's gonna be a handful, but he just needs something to chew on and he didnt whine in his crate at all last night so we really can't ask for much more!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Love those spaniel ears! Good luck with him!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Congrats. I have 3, they are awesome dogs.

My little 9 month old ball of fire begins his Hunt Test career this weekend on his way to his GRHRCH title!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha we're on our way too! Right after we stop peeing on the carpet and start paying attention to our name!

Good luck this weekend!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats on the beautiful pup! We're litter mates, so to speak. I've got his sister and she's already a little ball of fire. Meet Chief's Santee Super Cub - call name "Piper".

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
great looking pups! almost as pretty as Labs! - J/K I had to say it though

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Congrats and enjoy your journey with your LBD.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guessing from the name you are an aviation enthusiast?
Not really. The wife and kids wanted to name her Piper and I couldn't think of any other tie-in. The super cub's are the "jack of all trades" in a lot of wilderness areas and since she'll be used for hunting doves, ducks, geese, and pheasants; I thought why not.

I'm not 100% sold on it so the papers haven't been mailed yet. If anyone has any other ideas for a"Piper" tie in I'm open to suggestions. :D

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Long Haired minature Chessies is all they are. LOL

My buddy has two and are doing great at the work at hand. Run them in upland and the only way to keep track is to watch the weeds move. Good looking pups both of them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Duck&Dog... love the pics of Piper, I saw those on the GON forum about a week before we got Bean and it made waiting even harder... are you planning on hunt testing her or just hunting with her?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Duck&Dog... love the pics of Piper, I saw those on the GON forum about a week before we got Bean and it made waiting even harder... are you planning on hunt testing her or just hunting with her?
BobbyLight,
I used to be very active in a NAHRA club here in Atlanta and ran a lot of events with my previous labs. I'll train for that level and am planning on running her in UKC and BSS events, time permitting. I have two kids 10 & 6 and both are super active in sports so summer and early fall are always jam packed.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not really. The wife and kids wanted to name her Piper and I couldn't think of any other tie-in. The super cub's are the "jack of all trades" in a lot of wilderness areas and since she'll be used for hunting doves, ducks, geese, and pheasants; I thought why not.

I'm not 100% sold on it so the papers haven't been mailed yet. If anyone has any other ideas for a"Piper" tie in I'm open to suggestions. :D
I like it!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congratulations on the new puppy. I have a Chief puppy too. Chief's Ogeechee Mule, call name Geech. He's 8 months old.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Man, love these great looking pups. Of course I'm a little bias. Keep em comin!! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts