RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Julie R and all the mid-Atlantic RTF folk
I see you are all without electricity, on the noon news. And it is ever so sweltering.
So while I know many of you all cannot read this. I am thinking of you.
Stay strong.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
We did lose power Fri. even though the storm wasn't that bad where I am; I guess it knocked out big stuff elsewhere that affected us. Got it back Sunday afternoon. We fared OK because Doug has a generator and had just gotten a little window AC unit from a job, so it could've been worse, at least we didn't lose the contents of the fridge & freezer and fixed up the living room with the AC & TV. Ice & water were hard items to find locally!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I live in Stafford, VA right outside the marine corp base. The barracks are still without power, and my in-laws are still with out power. Generators are selling like hot cakes on craigslist and everywhere is pretty much sold out. I purchased the last one from Home Depot for $550.00. Shortly after my power came on Saturday afternoon. I had to take the generator over to my in laws so they can keep the refrigerator running and the pool pump and filtration system. I am working in Arlington, VA today and there are still people without power up here and intersections with very busy traffic that are being treated as 4-way stops, because traffic lights are out. Lucky for me we had enough juice for our generator and UPS system to keep our server up during, and after the storm. Its been crazy around NOVA, on the other hand traffic commuting in to DC this morning was very light, because people are staying home.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I never realized how dependent we are on PWR, cause when its really HOT or really COLD, everyone suffers. Praying for everyone to find a way to BEAT THE HEAT!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Thinking of you all and hoping you will get that power back soon.

·
Registered
148 Posts
We were out for about 20 hrs. lucky to have a gen. Lets all keep the power company worker in our thoughts and prayers as they have been working long hot HRS to try to get everyone back on. Stay safe and and don't try to overdo it. We really do not know how much we enjoy something until it is gone.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I was out of power for about 60 hours. No fun when you've got a litter of six pups, six weeks old. Hard to keep them clean and cool. I had ice buckets, but now am paying the price for them being wet for so long. Some of them have a nice skin infection :-( Had to haul water for the horses. I was fortunate though, none of the trees that came down did any damage.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Power back on....spotty in areas. Trees and power lines down, here in the Roanoke, VA area. We lost one of our large old white pines. Ripped out by the roots. Just missed my neighbors barn. Winds were unbelievable....

Sue Puff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts