·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
81 Posts
achiro said:
I've also been told by a high end rifle builder that a well built rifle should have very little kick. I guess this isn't a well built rifle!
Ummm, it doesn't matter how well built a rifle is when there is that much powder igniting inside of it. :shock: I believe that cartridge is a wildcat version of a .577 Nitro. That round will hit you like a Mack Truck no matter what rifle it is in. It also looked like many of the guys shooting the rifle had never shot a rifle before...watch the very last guy shoot it, he takes it like a champ. Definitely a very high recoil round though...I certainly wouldn't want to shoot it.:lol:

Hunter

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Kick like a mule! Although I hate to see a rife fly around like that, and I'm sure that there was only one round in it, boy it was funny to watch :lol: My shoulder has a bruise form just watching the video.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Wow! Thats one heck of a gun.

When I was about 12, mid 1970's we had a guy that was a big Safari hunter come to some event at our gun club and I "got" to shoot a 458 Winchester mag. It just about ended my desire to ever want to shoot any high powered rifle again. I am sure my 12 year old self looked very much like a few of these guys. If not for the gun being on a shooting bench I would have dropped it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
A well made rifle still has the laws of physics to deal with. "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"

It looks like the laws of physics won that battle.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Peake said:
Notice the fine gentleman in the white skirts absorbed the least recoil and were knocked back on their head scarfs! :lol:
Peake
PS Can anyone make out the rifle manuf? Was it a Ruger single shot?
I saw 3 different rifles used in the video; two different bolt actions and one guy did shoot a Ruger #1 single shot.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wow. That's a LOT of power. Kinda reminds me (on a smaller scale) of my first day on the patterning board with 3 1/2 turkey loads. Ouch!

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
Looks like it was built to either take out tanks or prairrie dogs.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Peake said:
Notice the fine gentleman in the white skirts absorbed the least recoil and were knocked back on their head scarfs! :lol:
Peake
PS Can anyone make out the rifle manuf? Was it a Ruger single shot?
Peake, When I watched I at least 3 different guns. There may have been more. Netscape didn't like the page so I had to go to explorer, I hate explorer.

A couple bolts and at least 1 rolling block.

I think we should send them to the enemy, a couple of shots and they will be glad to surrender.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts