RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am home again from very successful back surgery. Medicare required that I spend one night in the hospital. I had a lumbar fusion. I have control and strength in my left ankle/foot again. I now stand erect rather than stooped over. The tingling and numbmess is gone. I have occasional pain in my left leg but it is fleeting and only at level 1 or 2. The incision area is very sore and hurts when I get up or down.

Now for the 6 week recovery. My post op in 7/6 and hopefully they will release me to drive. Then I will start some PT. I am going to be teaching my wife to teach Rowdy the Hillman method. Will post videos of this. I can't bend over at the waist yet or pick up anything weighing more than 10 lbs.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Glad you are home and everything went well.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Prayers for a speedy recovery...

Richard

·
Registered
661 Posts
Prayers for you! I just had surgery to remove the ruptured part of a disc a week ago, so I know EXACTLY what you're going through. Make sure you get plenty of rest! I know it's hard because I'm one of those "I can do it myself" people.

Alison

·
Registered
484 Posts
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Becareful not to over do it. It will take time to heal...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Best wishes Wayne for a speedy & complete recovery.

Just wondering, what spine level was it L5-S1? I have the same symptoms, left foot goes numb with standing or walking for 15 minutes, & goes away with bending or sitting. :(

·
Registered
225 Posts
Glad to hear that you had a successful surgery. I preach this from the experience of my own back surgery - GET OFF OF THE PAIN PILLS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Worst part is over, Wayne and Alison! All up hill from here..if you behave yourselves... :)

Seriously,

Good to hear things went wel.,

Judy

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Wayne,

Glad to hear the surgery went well......take care of yourself and heal up well!

Chris

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Hope it heals better than new.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Penner, It was L4/5.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Penner, I had surgery on L5-S1 some 20+ years ago. Doing good since and no problems. (Knock on wood.)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Wishing you a speedy recovery, don't over do it, until you are healed.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Wishing well Wayne. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Looking forward to seeing videos of your wife with Rowdy. Take care.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts