RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished a homemade winger and I'm not sure I'm going to be completely happy with it.

Is there a way to use the 2-way radios to activate the release on the commercially made wingers? It would be alot easier to justify buying one if I could save the $310 for the remote.

Anyone tried it or know if it would work?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Best thing is to buy them used off of here. The kwiklab method would work too, using the Elsema Rx/Tx or 2-way radios and a low voltage trigger

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
give me your email.... Dad and I have asked this question alot.... Spent lots of time looking and digging i have a straight forward step by step everything involved plan in my inbox i'll email you. I havent done it yet but plan too...

·
Registered
32 Posts
give me your email.... Dad and I have asked this question alot.... Spent lots of time looking and digging i have a straight forward step by step everything involved plan in my inbox i'll email you. I havent done it yet but plan too...

Not enough posts to PM. Any shared info would be apprciated.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Sorry several months old.. Dont have plans.. And it wasnt realiable release!! had to scrape it :(

·
Registered
186 Posts
I built one that works great. I made a short video of it I can post if you give me a few days. The video is on my old laptop and my screen is not working, so I need to plug it into a monitor (don't have one) to pull the video off. If I don't have it up in a few day, PM me to remind me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
KRD- looks great!!! Can you tell us more about the electronics? I built a couple several years back and with the new puppy coming, I want to dust them off. I went with the Elsma ectronics that worked great but who knows if I can find the remote.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts